Last Post - My Most Painful Public Confession

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I hope you'll be back soon. Yours is one of the top three posts I've ever read anywhere. You're a good man, I can feel that inside my own spirit. And I feel your absence will be very unwelcome by a lot of people, including me.

francois

• dmouse
    dmouse

Au revoir Amazing.

Your name was always one that I looked for on this board. A stalwart of common sense and decency, your influence was always for the good. I will miss your posts.

Best of luck with your health,

Dean.

• ISP
    ISP

Hope you come back some time!

Best wishes.

ISP

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Amazing,

We all handle our abuses differently. I have a measure of understanding what your growing through because I've gone through it and that's why I won't tolerate sneaky people and bullshitters!

Everything is summed up in one word, LOVE. As to common sense, I believe you either have it or you don't. I've been and stay in personal contact with people through sports, business, politics etc., they're a selfish lot. They will lie, cheat and steal to move up the ladder of success. Not all, but most of them. It's no different in the org. My association began in 1948. I have no bitterness or remorse with the experience of being a witness because I refuse to allow myself to live in the past, I have moved forward. As a professional golfer you do not allow a bad shot to control you, you analyze what you did wrong and correct it. Life is no different. You cannot allow the negatives of anything to dominate your thinking. One MUST make up their minds to move forward otherwise their life will be like the car stuck in the mud, spinning their wheels. What a waste of time!

I've personally helped people and still do and many are thankless. Jesus was telling us a moral story about the ONE leper out of the TEN that returned and thanked the healer. Yes, actions speaks louder than words.

I've mainitained the scripture at Romans 2:21, "...do you however the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself?...'

I enjoyed your post.

Guest 77

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    This is my Last Post for a while~~ Amazing

What a post it was indeed. Thank you once again for your insights and reason. Jim know you are in my thoughts and wish you every happiness.

(((((( Jim )))))) For your revelation in this post must have been most painful. Know that you are in our thoughts always.

Please remember the offer I made to you and remember you promised to take me up on it. With that said take care and godspeed to you.

Love,

Cassi

• Englishman
    Englishman

Get well soon Jim, I shall have a piece of Castle Whitney for you when you do.

Expletive NOT deleted!

Englishman.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Come back soon, Jim. And thank you so much for helping my family.

Jim

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

(((((((((((Jim)))))))))) You are an Amazing poster and I can't tell you how much I am going to miss you. This board won't be quite the same without you. You gave so much.

This pains me to see you leave and I would very much like to keep in touch with you.

Your friend,

Dottie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

JIM, At Matthew 12:37,it is written,"For by your words you will be 'JUSTIFIED',and by your words you will be condemned."

Every person is judged by his words,because they reveal the state of his heart.

Your most painful public confession reveals the state of your heart.

You are and will be JUSTIFIED.

Before a surgeon ever opens up your heart,(if that is what is needed to help your heart condition)YOU have opened it up before us all.

There is a song,"It's only WORDS but WORDS are all I have to take your heart away."

You have succeeded in doing that to all of us here.You are loved. Blueblades

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jim,

You are much loved as you can see from those who've responded.

We've had our bumpy moments over the years, but we hashed them out, dusted ourselves off and renewed our friendship. Life is about renewal and reaffirments. Even death is a renewal. We were nothing. We become something. We become nothing again. There is no concept more important than Carpe Diem (or if one is single and full of energy, Carpe Noctum!)

Very few people are blessed enough to leave a legacy of having demonstrably helped their fellow humans, yet you are one of them. By sharing yourself, even the painful parts you have inspired people and touched people in an amazing way (no pun).

Now it is time to take care of yourself. Of course, you and I will stay in touch. In the meantime, read all the Mark Twain you can. He saw life better than anyone I'm familiar with.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit