Last Post - My Most Painful Public Confession

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Jim, your balanced posts drew me to H2O while I was an active witness. As a fading JW, I still learn from your posts. I felt so bad when another poster had to stoop to name-calling to try and make their point. As an abused child, I know how much it would hurt to be called a child molester (without a shred of proof). A person doing that causes just as much harm to the goal of protecting abused children and helping those who have grown up as a real pedophile does. ((hug))

Get well physically, but don't forget us back here. As you have helped us, let us help you in whatever small way.

Blondie

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Amazing, get well and come back and share your thoughts...my thoughts are with you.

• riz
    riz

((((((Jim)))))))

you really are amazing- you survived many things, including a heart attack, and now you get to make the most of your second chance at life. you certainly deserve it.

take care of yourself. you will be missed. please drop in when you are feeling up to it.

love, riz

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jim,

You are part of a generation, like myself, who do not wear their heart on their sleeves but carry much our pain within us. I know the uncomfortable cost to you for opening your life to us and thank you for it.

Keep well Jim and my love to your family - HS

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Jim,

I have watched your recent journey toward reconciliation with mortality. It is painfully evident you are prepared for the worst, yet you have demonstrated to us all, a positive cathartic way to deal with what has to be the most final obstacle life has to offer, our continued existence.

It really matters little the specific names or circumstances surrounding those who fall into the category of "one can short of a six pac", because we all have them to deal with at one time or another, in lifes course. Not of little consequence is the fact that we ourselves have been, acted, spoken, written, whether intentional, or not, in ways that have caused others pain and suffering. It is the nature of being human. You are not alone in this very shared malady.

Legacy by example is the most profound, I believe. This final farewell of yours is, at the very least, getting affairs in order. More importantly, it is a signpost reminder of how very silly, if not ridiculous; it is to carry the heavy burdens of hate and animosity.

It struck me that you so needed to express these comments to this extended group of faceless monikers. The emotion involved similar to what one would say to aggrieve familial relatives. Are we so close, are we a community of brothers and sisters?

Perhaps we are. Having lived such similar experiences, shared in the mind numbing, warped personality of considering ourselves blessed with THE TRUTH, everyone else is dead meat fit only for birds of prey to feast upon, can put a kink in anyones psyche. I have fought to expel this demon of Watchtower propaganda for over 20 yrs, yet still see its ugly face sneering back at me almost everyday. Yes we are a very tight community, whether we like it or not.

So to apply your advice regarding showing love and compassion to one another, in this forum, community, will in practice be much harder than it ever was in the enforced, sanctioned, environment of life in the congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses. We dont have the need or desire for any elders to discipline or chastise us for our deeds, good or bad. We loathe the thought of ever returning to that cesspool of mediocrity.

So dont be surprised on your recovery and return to our community, that you find things pretty much as you left it. Considering the alternative, just maybe the love and concern you advise us to display, has and always has been, here all along. It just get side tracked from time to time, mainly because one or the other of us, showed up to the party with a less than a full sixpac..

You should feel completely at peace now Jim. You have said all you can say, and it was worth the effort!

Danny

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Amazing- thank you for one of hte most "AMAZING" and balanced post I have ever read on any ex-jw site. There is no doubt that you will do well- you already have. Though I do not know you I certainly wish you well in your surgery. Your leaving here- even if just for a while- I am sure will create a void for those honestly seeking recovery and balance.

Best wishes!

Kelsey

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Amazing; Thank you for being here for the amount of time that you were. I have learned so much from you. Your strength of character in your life is truly amazing.

I am sorry for the pain that you have experienced in the past, and now.

You are a tender and caring soul. We have been graced by your presence.

Please do take care of yourself, your health, and your heart. I am sending you my love.

-Anita

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((((((Jim)))))))))))))))))))) Take care of yourself. I do hope though that you will come back now and then just to let us know you are doing alright.

Shari

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Jim:

I've only talked with you twice in the chat room so I don't really know you at all. I have always enjoyed your writing and you have helped so many!!

Take care of yourself and come back and write some more soon!!!

XW

• LB
    LB

Well Amazing while your heart may be the center of your health concerns there is no doubt that at the very least you have a heart. So take care of it and I hope to see you here again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit