Letter From Bill Bowen

by Lin 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

monster,

: Sorry you were taken for a ride Mr Bowen. There are so many cons out there, I guess I don't blame you for going to some one with no connections with jws. Good luck to you man.

I don't know, but I suspect that person who took "Mr. Bowen for a ride," provided all services, time, talent and effort for FREE.

I could be wrong. I just don't know, and I haven't asked Bill about it.

Even so, pulling passwords and access information is wrong, even if one offers his/her services for nothing. It's still about the CHILDREN, and it is NOT about adult personalities, nor is it about adult disagreements. It is about the CHILDREN, dammit.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 18 December 2002 1:24:44

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Farkel,

It is about the CHILDREN, dammit.

I think Hillary_Step, Amazing and many others would say the same!!

IW

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

IW, do you have anything better to do, then to stir the pot?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

TH,

Why do you care what I post? Or are you stalking me? LOL, sorry couldn't resist that one!

To answer your question, "No, I have no greater mission!" If you are subject to paranoia then believe what you will!!

Btw TH, I respect your open and honest posts. It's something I also try to do that's why we are at different ends of the game at times. But, I still enjoy reading your sincere posts.

IW

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

This was all a misunderstanding, I just got off the phone with Bill. Passwords were changed ONLY because the site was hacked last night and this evening as well. NOTHING has been hijacked. I just want to set the record straight here quickly, but Bill has informed me he will be sending out a mass email recanting on this, and informing everyone that it was in fact a misunderstanding, and miscommunication, and to please remove any copies of this email that anyone might have posted in different places. The work WAS done for free, but the passwords were changed to save the site, NOT for any other reasons. The site is intact, and is live. Bill still owns the site, and always has. You can't possibly hijack a copyrighted, registered site...

John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

Edited by - RevMalk on 18 December 2002 1:52:54

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Edited because I thought better of it.

Edited by - Big Tex on 18 December 2002 1:49:6

• abbagail
    abbagail

Very wise move, Big Tex!

Thank goodness Farkel was level-headed!

Anybody that reads Rev's posts round about these forums can tell he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body. It was an obvious miscommunication, and as the saying goes, unexpected S*** really DOES happen (i.e., hackers and such).

Thank goodness this never got "off the ground" into a full-fledged 10-page war.

PEACE!

• abbagail
    abbagail

THIS IS AN EMAIL THAT CAME THRU THE SILENTLAMBS EMAIL LIST, DIRECTLY FROM BILL. EVERYONE ON THE LIST GETS A COPY, AS ALWAYS...

Edited to remove those thingies that made the email addy NOT show up.
    Edited again to state the the SL EMAIL LIST is widely distributed, and not a Private Email List. It's what could be referred to as the official SL Newsletter from BB.
    Also edited to put in [Rev].
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply-To: info
    Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:38:18 -0600
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Peace

Many of you may not believe this but I really am a peaceful person. It is far easier to make peace than war in my opinion. I am starting out this way because I just had a conversation with [Rev]. We have made peace. It has been a difficult seven days for the both of us and the root of the problem seems to be misunderstanding and not communicating. While many of the things described occurred there were reasons that help give a clearer picture of what happened. The website got hacked and unbeknown to [Rev] his emails were not getting through to me. Passwords were sent Monday, I never got them. A contract was sent out, I never got it. My emails in return in large part were not received also thus preventing him from knowing what I was asking for. The longer the non-communication the greater the anxiety especially when you are looking at three months hard work going down the tubes.

After communicating [Rev] and I have agreed to work together on saving what has been done to date on the website and transferring it to an outside party to finish the site. [Rev] agrees that a non jw background individual would be better in the long run for silentlambs development. We have also agreed to not worry about copyrights on the website other than what might give [Rev] credit for working with a nonprofit organization.

Regarding the rest what can I say, lets make peace not war. I hold no hard feelings toward [Rev] and offer an apology for any area where there were misunderstandings. He is a good person and I hope no one will give him a hard time due to the earlier email. I would also ask for the sake of peace that the earlier email be removed from anywhere it might have been posted as it is no longer an issue.

We are communicating, silentlambs development is moving forward and that is a positive.

Peace,

bill

Edited by - Grits on 18 December 2002 2:5:58

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Grits,

It would be nice if Bill Bowen were as "level headed" as Farkel!

I then went back to my webmaster friend and asked if he could make the changes. When we logged on we discovered that all passwords to the sl website had been changed. I was locked out of my website, Rev was apparently modifying certain areas without my approval and the website was being used as a doorway to the lambsroar forums against my written request. At this point I requested the DNS be reversed back to silentlambs old website, this generally takes about 24-48 hours. I had originally written to Rev that I planned to move back to the old server on the 23 rd, I was left with no option. Rev refused to act on specific requests, he changed all passwords to my website to prevent me from having access, refused to call and communicate to find resolution. In my opinion the silentlambs forum was hijacked on Friday, the website was hijacked the following Sunday.

Instead he speaks publicly what would be better taken care of in private. He did that with RF and continues to do the same with others. Please explain to him that: "getting along with friends is good and wise!"

IW

Edited to replace name with Rev

Edited by - angharad on 19 December 2002 9:28:23

• abbagail
    abbagail

With all due respect, IW, why don't you tell BB that yourself? Seems everyone talks "about him" but not "to him." I'm no spokesperson for either Rev or BB, not by any means, but it just seems to me if people want to know something, why they do not go to the SOURCE and ASK?

Initiative. Plain and simple, imho!

As for you re-posting that one paragraph, I think BB explained it. His emails were not getting thru over the weekend, etc. etc. so after a few days of anxiety, he felt he needed to CYA himself in lieu of Rev CYA himself on this board the other day after Rev supposedly "hijacked" the forum after BB gave it the "hatchet job" on Friday, etc. etc. etc. I'm over it, like BB says, PEACE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit