Letter From Bill Bowen

by Lin 131 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, this is NOT a business and that was the problem. Two parties entered into a partnership and agreed to work for "free" (ie. volunteered) to do something that a lot of people have a stake in.

hawk

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Well, if the codes don't work - why did you not contact BB yesterday????

I didn't contact bill yesterday because I didn't know yesterday. I spent all day working on the site, getting it ready to move even though I did NOT get any sleep the night before NONE! So I went as long as I could yesterday until I passed out. THEN I got up at 5:30AM to work on the site AGAIN, but the FTP addy doesn't work. See, this is what I mean, you get into this frame of mind where nothing is good enough. I can never ever win. I work night and stinking day, and I get this. Thank you for proving my point Hawk, I appreciate it.

Why are you saying you didn't get any codes today when you did get codes but they didn't work???

I just told you, I emailed him at 5:30AM this morning, no word yet, but obviously you've been speaking to him, so why hasen't he sent the needed information? I've been dealing with this kind of stuff for MONTHS. I try and I try and it doesn't work. Why don't you go back and read it, NO WORD FROM BILL since I emailed him at 5:30AM TODAY. I assumed he was gone, but you just stated that You've spoken to him TODAY> So it's not my fault the site is not up.

... I feel like I am in a friggen hockey game ..... god I'm sorry ... I should have more patience.

Yes, you should. But it's not your fault. It's the frame of mind that surrounds this entire thing, and it eats at you until it wins.

Please ... phone one another. Stay on the phone with one another. Bill say the codes "slowly" to you, Rev .... and there ... it's all done. If you guys want I will pay for the call???

Listen, I'm doing him a favor. I emailed him, you think I have more money to spend on calling Kentucky? If so you buy my kids x-mas presents this year, and I will gladly call him.

This is important stuff (even though I am the minority on the board as many don't think what is on that site is important) as I know who and what uses that site.

It is important, but moving the site is not, you're missing this whole thing, haha. He can keep it right where it is, but HE chooses not to. NOT me, I want everyone to quit putting it all on me or I am going to burst!

Bill knows my number, but there's no reason to call, email is fine. So tell him I need this.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The "need help" comment is directly related to your financial crisis that you told the world about Rev.

It sounds to me like you are in a financial crisis and it sounds to me like you need a lot of help - may it be from a bank or whatever - but that is where I was coming from.

I don't know how else to put it? You sound like you need a lot of help Rev to financially recover if you financially ruined yourself.

BTW - Bill knows your number but shouldn't you tell him that the codes don't work?

hawk

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Why are you saying you didn't get any codes today when you did get codes but they didn't work???

I did NOT say I didn't get codes yesterday. Read it again. Can we stop calling them codes?

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    The "need help" comment is directly related to your financial crisis that you told the world about Rev.

I didn't realize what you meant, I'm sorry.

BTW - Bill knows your number but shouldn't you tell him that the codes don't work?

hahahaha, I DID tell him. I emailed at 5:30, and now I'm emailing again, ok? Is that satisfactory?

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Hawk- now I understand from what you said- It is not a biz- problem is hawk even a not for profit org should be run like a biz- if silent lambs is not being run as a biz therin lies the problem.

IMHO Bill would do great justice for silent lambs if a public spokeperson was nomintated- someone less emotionally involved to handle all statements, e-mails and press releases. At the very least he needs to consult with others before making any statements to the public. From the view of those that read what he post in letters and e-mails he is creating bad pr for silent lambs. From the viewpoint of most here he is and can only be judged by what he says here and post in his name or the name of silent lambs.

Edited by - kelsey007 on 19 December 2002 11:31:14

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I'm not here to complain about how silentlambs is run, but there is an aire of truth to that statement Kelsey.

I myself have no idea really how the organization is run, only how I was 'run'

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I was going to post my reply to the original email circulated By Bill, but it's probably redundant information by now. It's over with, so what can I do. As soon as Bill emails me the FTP info, I will upload the site. As far as any scripts and such, that's their responsibility to install. I can only do so much, and being that I didn't say they had to leave, it's really ridiculous to do anything. Why he's moving the site is beyond me, but now that the decision is made what can I do? I find it ridiculous that I'm expected to move the site, BUT I will do it, not for Bill Bowen, not for Hawk, not for anyone but the Abuse Survivors, and that's all. I will simply upload all files, and they can take it from there. I hope that's enough for anyone out there that thinks I should be doing more. It's a matter of public record that none of this was my decision, and it's a matter of public record that I am now putting my family first, meaning once this site is uploaded I am done with silentlambs. I will continue my work on LambsRoar, as I feel it's now my duty to keep the forums going, but I've gotten alot of offers for help, and that is appreciated. As soon as this is over with the SL site, I will be able to spend more time on that, and if anyone that's emailed me offering help has not heard from me as of yet, be patient, I'm sure you will :)

If at a later date, Bill needs something from me, it probably won't be a problem, but for right now I need a break, and I hope that doesn't offend anyone here.

I will now stay quiet on this subject, unless anyone has any direct questions.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have heard this before Kelsey ... and again I know I am in the minority and I respectfully disagree based on cost, size of organization and many other factors. Bill along with other advocates, legal counsel and more importantly victims combined together - makes great press .... Bill, Silentlambs,Inc. or another spokesperson by themselves does not sell to the media. These media stories work as a combination. That is how it's done. Changing spokespersons gets you no where. I think your actual problem with Bill is how he may have treated you over a certain situation and how he may have the run the operations of "his" ship. That is different. But it's "his" ship - he came out of the closet, started the ship and let loose. IN doing so he has taken a huge risk both against the WTS as well as with certain exJWs.

And quite frankly, any body else can step up to the plate, freely and start being their own spokesperson for this cause. Its not just the Bill Bowen or Silentlambs, Inc. show. That is what Vicki Boer did. Bill wasn't involved in that - was he??? - are you telling me he did all the press work on that Kelsey and was the official spokesperson? She did it, with of course, a little behind the seens help from a few someones but she did it on her own. Look at Barb Anderson and her lawsuit. She did her stuff on her own.

If you guys want to do it some different way then I say fine ... go for it. Create your own spokesperson who you like and do your own thing.

hawk

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    If you guys want to do it some different way then I say fine ... go for it. Create your own spokesperson who you like and do your own thing.

You're so wrong about the spokeperson deal. I'm not going to argue about what silentlambs does wrong or what they don't, and I'm not saying Bill as a spokesperson is bad, but an organization does not need one particular person. They have a board of directors, sure, but the people are doing the work. The people are the ones that make the difference here. I could sit here and tell you how I would do this differently than Bill, but that doesn't mean Bill is wrong in how he does it. But quite frankly, how does this have anything to do with anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit