Americans?

by MrMoe 101 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

(((Eman)))

Simon - seems you have hit the nail on the head At least In my eyes... I guess in the end, we are all rebels, outcasts, immigrants, etc... And, either we or our ancestors (Native Americans aside) did not want our former Countries - or they did not want us. To be rebellious and passionate is in our genes.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    One huge difference between Brits and Americans:

We love people telling us out country is crap ... it backs up our own beliefs.

LOL

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Some states here in the usa have very strict gun control policies. THANK GOD I LIVE IN THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

I do love Americans really ... of course I think Canadians are better

"Unarmed Americans with Healthcare"

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    "Unarmed Americans with Healthcare"

LMFAO -- too cute... only hting is Canadians are a bit more laid back. Maybe cause they don't tote guns and pay monster doctor bills.

• og
    og

I have to say, world events lately make me ashamed... not of being an American, but of the things that are being done in my name, and also of our greed, intolerance and stupidity. I think the reason so many of the world's people hate us is that we do hateful things.

We sponsor slave labor so that we can have cheap tennis shoes. We go to war with Iraq so that we can drive SUVs. We assassinate enlightened S. American rulers so that we can have cheap fruit. And the list goes on...

• Realist
    Realist

the US society has a couple of problems but i can't say anything negative about the individual americans...there is no big difference between europeans and americans (except for the flaming patriotism that some americans display)

• link
    link

Mr Moe,

You said:

1. I am sure the general feelings of Americans in "general" is that we are a loud, crass, rude, violent, and uncouth society.

I dont think that many people would argue with that in general terms but it is very difficult to generalise on this. Some of the best people I ever met were Americans and Ive had some wonderful friendships with people from the USA, both male and female.

What you describe is the foreigners overall impression of American society in general. It obviously does not apply to every member of the population.

link

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thanks, Simon.

By the way, if anyone has a chance, see a great movie called "Bowling for Columbine", which addresses both this issue and gun control.

I love visiting the US, but am glad to be Canadian.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I have five words for you all :

Via Las Vegas, baby! Yea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit