Americans?

by MrMoe 101 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    Thanks, Americans, that really nice of you.

Englishman.

This statement lead me to thinking something. I am not posting this to argue, cause a flame war, or the like. If you want to flame, do it in private. Now, I would like a general opinion of Americans from those who are "non"-American. I know this topic was covered ages ago... but I feel like doing some personal research. I am sure the general feelings of Americans in "general" is that we are a loud, crass, rude, violent, and uncouth society. Anyhow, for my own personal curiosity, what is your general opinion of Americans (if you are not American.)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Every American I have met has been incredibly polite, generous and good fun to be with. English people have a built in affection fror Americans, even if they do use the F word sometimes.

Englishman.

• og
    og

Americans are pretty awful, and as a country we do awful things.

And, of course, we continually and flagrantly use a certain single syllable word for copulation that really gets the Brits' knickers in a twist.

Clearly, there is no place for us in a polite society of nations.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"And you all carry guns, don't you. I'll bet you have one in your pocket right now."

At least, that's what I would have said if I wasn't such a polite Canadian, eh.

• Xena
    Xena

Hey speak for yourself og!

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Englishman,

Every American I have met has been incredibly polite, generous and good fun to be with. English people have a built in affection fror Americans, even if they do use the F word sometimes.

Thank you!

We are, after all, England's wayward child who still loves her "Mom" very much.

IW

• Englishman
    Englishman
    We are, after all, England's wayward child who still loves her "Mom" very much.

It's probably why we have the urge to spank you occasionally!

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

A nation of extremes ... the best and the worst of human nature.

It has done some great things and some terrible things.

It both defends the world and 'destroys' it.

It is overly sensitive to politically correctness and then allows anyone to carry a gun.

One huge difference between Brits and Americans:

We love people telling us out country is crap ... it backs up our own beliefs.

Americans are fiercly patriotic / loyal and do not receive criticism of their country kindly.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    We love people telling us out country is crap ... it backs up our own beliefs.

Ignore Simon, he lives in Manchester...

England is a great place to live! Cool Britannia and all that..

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ouch your going to be in trouble Simon!!!!!But thems my sentiments also.... Except the "love of my life" is a yank----- He is kind considerate. Never says the F word. ..... Never known anyone like him either..... I go tp PA every year & they are nearly ALL Americans I love each & every one of them especially they way they talk........My 2 cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit