[Day 4 - 31/7]The Royal Commissions investigation of child sexual abuse within Jehovah’s Witnesses. + VIDEO

by C0ntr013r 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    Stewart and McClellan have been great and on target. For not ever being JW's they have more than in any case or argument that I've seen before, totally captured and channeled the JW tone, the unwritten double-speak, and the JW-isms. Usually the WTS is able to squeeze out on some technicality or have some prosecutor who hasn't taken the time to understand the real JW culture...and all the unwritten and implied stuff. But these guy's are no-nonsense and leaving absolutely no wiggle room. I'm impressed by their preparation. Any future prosecutor should study this hearing, as I believe they are shining light on the path for future cases.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    You think they may have had coaching from helpful XJWs?
  • Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Vidiot: You think they may have had coaching from helpful XJWs?

That would definitely explain a lot. With that being said I'm equally impressed by their restraint in not over-reaching and being tripped through over-eagerness. As they have demonstrated, there is more than enough evidence there to methodically hang the WTS with piece-by-piece.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

That was also my thought! Maybe they have some "apostates" in their research team. The commissions work is relly impressive.

That expert witness really made a fool of herself..........she had only studied official JW litterature....

• Esse quam videri
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

If the Governing Body was brought before this Royal Commission they would be ..

RIPPED TO SHREDS !!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dismissing servant - "That expert witness really made a fool of herself..........she had only studied official JW litterature...."

Which takes all of about an hour, these days.

And she's probably billing them at a premium rate, too.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    You think they may have had coaching from helpful XJWs?

Well, they must at least have read the Ex JW and Ex Elder Monty Bakers statement since he will testify next week.

I cant find his statement on their webpage so I dot know what it says. But they must have read it, so they would have had some Ex JW influence.

(I think it will be added to their webpage after his testimony like the others)

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Stewart (or whoever his researchers are) should write a book about JWs, I'm amazed at how they have been able to cut through the 'spin'.

For example, the way they pulled apart the claims that elders are 'fellow workers' and 'servants', equal to the r&f, the investigators showed:

they are shepherds, not sheep, so they arent equal, they lead

they are claimed to be appointed by Holy Spirit (they had 40 references for this) which statement clearly places them above the publishers as 'closer to god'

they 'take the lead', so they are leaders then?

ultimately they have the authority to form jcs, impose sanctions and decide the spiritual future of the members.

so of course there is no hierarchy is there, everyone is equal? Lol

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I hope Monty Baker knows TTAT and that it is a cult. It would be awesome to hear him say it is a cult and explain why in his statement and testimony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit