[Day 4 - 31/7]The Royal Commissions investigation of child sexual abuse within Jehovah’s Witnesses. + VIDEO

by C0ntr013r 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    C0ntr013r, greetings from the USA, and thank you for all of your hard work! The hearings don't start until 8 PM my time, so I would not have direct access to the information without your huge efforts. Please take care of yourself and get adequate rest!
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r, greetings from the USA, and thank you for all of your hard work! The hearings don't start until 8 PM my time, so I would not have direct access to the information without your huge efforts. Please take care of yourself and get adequate rest!

Thank you, much appreciated!

You take care to

• Watchtower-Free
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind
    Thank you so much for all you have done to download these to youtube ! I have watched them all so far and am mesmerized by the Royal Commission . They have really done their research ,and there is no way the wool will be pulled over their eyes . Justice Peter McClellan is my hero !
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Stewart and McClellan are frickin awesome arent they!

Cant wait for the branch staff to be grilled (or more likely torn a new one)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

C0ntr013r, thanks for posting these!

Very important stuff.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower's hired expert, Dr. Monica Lisa Applewhite, was thoroughly dismantled by Mr. Angus Stewart (assisting counsel for the Royal Commission) and the Chair, Justice Peter McClellan. She was testifying to bolster her written claims that Watchtower policy meets the standard of care for dealing with allegations of child molestation and that it represents good practice.

She ended up confessing that Watchtower's policy to have a woman confront ultimately three men (elders of a judicial committee) in the presence of her abuser and without any moral support DOES NOT meet the standard of care and is NOT good practice.

So glad this woman got her chance to go on the record. Thanks Watchtower!!!

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

And to think I thought you people were on to something. What a disappointment that the RC is investigating ALL ENTITIES in Australia. EXJWdubs misrepresentation once again.

A Royal Commission is a special investigation into a matter of great importance.

The community is concerned about widespread reports of cases in Australia where institutions have failed to protect children under their responsibility from sexual abuse.

Six Commissioners were appointed in January 2013 to investigate where institutions failed to protect children or to respond properly to allegations and incidents of child sexual abuse. The abuse may have happened a long time ago, or recently.

The Commissioners can look at any private, public or non-government institution in Australia that is, or was in the past, involved with children.

The Royal Commission will make recommendations on how to improve laws, policies and practices in Australia to provide a safer future for children.

The Catholic Church is next.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Thanks!
  • sir82
    sir82

What a disappointment that the RC is investigating ALL ENTITIES in Australia. EXJWdubs misrepresentation once again.

Where on this site has anyone ever claimed that this was an investigation of the JWs only?

Your statement is misguided.

It is also irrelevant. How is Watchtower culpability lessened by the fact that other organizations' policies toward child abuse are also inadequate?

"I plead innocent to murder, your honor. Sure, I shot the SOB in the back of the head, but 40 other people were murdered that day too, so you have to let me off."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit