Dr Monica Applewhite!

by username 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

About the Watchtower's expert witness Doctor Monica Applewhite and her report. This is a woman. A worldly woman. A Catholic woman. The Borg entrusted her with their Shepherd the Flock of God book, secret/confidential letters to elders and Branch offices, and tons of other documentation, and then entrusted her to speak on their behalf in front of a Royal Commission.

If she was a Jehovah's Witness woman she would never be allowed to see any of those things, nor speak publicly as a representative of the Watchtower or Jehovah's Witnesses. A JW "sister" isn't even allowed to touch the book to put a spiral binding on it.

I'm starting to think this might be a cult.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

She also falls apart in the last thirty minutes, when god appointed WT lawyer steps in to make it easier for her.....By then, it seems all she wants to do is get away.

This is my impression. I feel she may have done work and fairly good work in other ways for other organizations. When she came here though, it was a different experience. For one. The RC used/uses the WT documents to investigate it's own written policies, then there is the matter of being warned by His Honour that WT lawyer will not get away with trying to paint all other religions in a bad light. He states he is not interested in WT opinion of other institutions as it is not a contest. It's about WTBTS practices then and now.

Miss Apple, was badly prepped due to the WTs over confidence in past wins. They were convinced that their meat in due season WT and Awakes, are just brilliant and life saving....

MIss Apple is even too tired to contemplate the redirect questions of WT slime type lawyer. She is worn out at the thought that she may have to do more research at the behest of WT. A research that she say's........." I will have to check my calender...I won't be here " , in Australia of course. She does not smile with relief at WT scum bag type slime cretin lawyer, who is there to save the day........even if they kill her with over load in the process. They will use her up and it seems to dawn " on her face".

She is so feddup with the whole thing, that I predict she will not be able to prepare all that WT lawyer wants her to present in two weeks, by hookup. She will be angry with these asshole lawyers for taking so much more than a pound of moral flesh out of her soul.

His Honour is a seasoned "overseer" of Royal Commissions. I have seen him deal with some incredible situations in his presiding ness.............Terrrible writing sorry. I'm tired.

He insists over and over, that WT will not be allowed to escape what they did in the past twenty years.......................I want him to marry me and while I'm at it,....I want Stewart too....

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Wow OrpanCrow !!!, Do you think Stewart knows this? Did you watch the last 30 minutes?

It's up on utube now. Have a good look at her tired and feddup to the gills face. I think she may hate WT right now. She wants to vaporize out of there. Her reputation took a hit today.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mad Sweeney: I'm starting to think this might be a cult.

I'm starting to think you might be right!

• Poztate
    Poztate

We all know what flawed and poor testimony Applewhite gave but I predict THIS is what will be said about her in a future WT article

Dr Applewhite, who has been an expert witness in abuse trials in Britain and the US, submitted a report in which she noted the Jehovah's Witnesses were a cut above other religious organisations in Australia. - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/07/31/expert-admits-jehovah-s-witnesses-flawed.html#sthash.U3iEVcV5.8ypxq7qI.dpuf

We all know how WT loves to cut and paste to their advantage.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    umber: I feel she may have done work and fairly good work in other ways for other organizations.

You might want to read about her "good work" for a high school in New Orleans. They sued her only 3 years ago for defamation after gving false testimony.

http://media.nola.com/religion_impact/other/st-augustine-lawsuit.pdf

And Candace Conti may disagree with Applewhite's position when she presented testimony in her case. Applewhite didn't do any "good work" then for anyone concerned with JW policies and the Candace Conti case - it was Applewhite's testimony that validated the WTS policies.

Applewhite is a typical Catholic social worker. I have worked with a Catholic pyschologist very much like Applewhite. We worked together serving a Northern community with an almost exclusive Aboriginal population. Her attitudes were astoundingly prejudical against Aboriginal people. It was horrilble. Yet, in that woman's eyes, she had done wonderful work with Aboriginal people. She,and her superiors in the Catholic Church who gave her kudos, used Catholic Church ideology to claim that her credibilty was good.

Any dealings I have had with Catholic based helping services and institutions have not been positive.

She is so feddup with the whole thing, that I predict she will not be able to prepare all that WT lawyer wants her to present in two weeks, by hookup. She will be angry with these asshole lawyers for taking so much more than a pound of moral flesh out of her soul.

Maybe. But just think of all those professional fees piling up rapidly that she will be paid to do all that work. Besides, she will be told exactly what to put in her report by the WTS - that is what they will pay her for - her signature and testimony to say that it is truth. They buy her testimony.

I wonder what her hourly rate is? I noticed that when Stewart asked her if she "got paid expert rates" to act as an expert for the WTS, she said "yes"...and her eyes blinked fast...I betcha she got paid more than just that. But, technically, she didn't lie.

A day rate for an expert appearance at the Commission is... (I can't remember exactly...) $1,749 (?) per day of testimony.

I want him to marry me and while I'm at it,....I want Stewart too....

Lol! I would be happy just getting to plant a big kiss on each of their cheeks!!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Poztate............very funny..........EXCEPT!! The whole Royal Commission is on utube for the entire world to look at. And no matter what WT says, there will be little JDubs who just want a little peep...........then another little peep. Oh hell, lets open every tab and have an avalanche of peeps. Whoops!

They will have their tablets to sneak a look at this commission during boring talks and mind numbing assemblies. Assemblies here in Australia are done away with in the old sense now. Only lots of small ones churning out the usual crap. We're on a tight budget over hear, money is apparently as tight as Tony's pants.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    umber: Wow OrpanCrow !!!, Do you think Stewart knows this? Did you watch the last 30 minutes?
    It's up on utube now. Have a good look at her tired and feddup to the gills face. I think she may hate WT right now. She wants to vaporize out of there. Her reputation took a hit today.

I don't know. I would hope so. The defamation suit in New Orleans is particualry damning. Stewart brought up the UK case where her testimony was rejected by the judge. This other case in New Orleans really puts the nail in the coffin as to how she will even falsify testimony for reports.

It is interesting that in that case, what was being looked at was the use of corporal punishment in the institution and Applewhite upheld the insitutions' use of coporal punishment as suitable. And that was only a few years ago! She said it was ok! And she was a mandatory reporter and she didn't report the alleged abuse!!

Her conduct was seriously unprofessional in that case, and, even when she was confronted with the evidence that she had falsified reports of abuse, she refused to correct her report. If Stewart and McClelland haven't read about that case, they should.

*I will rewatch the last 30 minutes...in a bit...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Her conduct was seriously unprofessional in that case, and, even when she was confronted with the evidence that she had falsified reports of abuse, she refused to correct her report. If Stewart and McClelland haven't read about that case, they should.

Is that based strictly on allegations filed with the lawsuit? Or, have you seen whatever response she made to requests to support claims alleged of her in that lawsuit?

PS: I also read the letter sent to Applewhite by the school system, but again this is their side of the story and not her response. Have you seen her response to allegations in that case?

• steve2
    steve2

Well, she's not a Jehovah's Witness, that's clear (although her halting, roundabout response style might fool you into thinking she was). But she is also not exactly an expert witness either. Does that make her an inadvertent hostile witness?

I am astonished that her terms of reference as a consultant for the organization were limited to reviewing what the Watchtower published in its journals and other publications about generic child sexual abuse - and did not encompass its policies and practices in actual documented cases.

I am heartened that the lawyers and Judge saw beyond her superficial endorsement of Watchtower practices (of which she had no actual investigative knowledge), and compelled her to 'fess up about her limited terms of reference and asked those necessary questions about the adequacies of Watchtower practices as carried out by judicial committees.

The "hired gun" for the Watchtower fired blanks and was herself shot down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit