Dr Monica Applewhite!

by username 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin, this is the link to court document:...

I read all that, but I don't see evidence of falsified reports or refusal to correct reports. All I see in those documents is claims made by the plaintiff suing Applewhite. So what is the evidence that she conducted herself unprofessionally?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I am astonished that her terms of reference as a consultant for the organization were limited to reviewing what the Watchtower published in its journals and other publications ...

Me too. In particular it demonstrates astonishing preferential treatment of Watchtower's position to presume what Watchtower publishes represents general sentiment held among rank-and-file membership. Talk about letting the fox guard the hen house!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Marvin... point 27 and down. It clearly lays out the evidence. And clearly states Applewhite's response.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/St+Aug+v+Applewhite.pdf

The school's letter is simply an attachment to the court document.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

GodZoo

Another irony that just occurred to me.. the Watchtower bestow on this woman who is a practicing member of what they have condemned as the worst and most filthy religion in history for 140 years, the greatest responsibility and honour in this very significant, serious and highly publicised Royal Commission's Investigation to defend them and their practices including having full access to the hallowed elders book.

I like the way you put words together. Give me more.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

I think one of the reasons she starts getting a little tense is that, near the end, it is starting to dawn on her that the Organization will "throw her under bus" too same as they do with the victims.

She made a number of comments that sounded like she was trying to distance herself from the Organization. It's almost like it is not until the end that her sense of self-preservation kicks in.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin... point 27 and down. It clearly lays out the evidence. And clearly states Applewhite's response.

No disrespect intended, but that court filing is not evidence of anything other than a claim against Applewhite; it only represents allegations (claims) by the plaintiff. I see no evidence produced in this particular instance supporting an assertion that Applewhite was unprofessional, that she falsified reports, refused to correct false reports, or that she failed in her legal obligation to report cases of child abuse.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Vivianne - "When asked if she had ever given negative feedback about or to the JW Org, her answer was 'I've not been hired to do that'."

In other words, she was hired to only give positive feedback.

No surprise that she didn't make much impact; it's not like the WTS gave her a whole hell of a lot to work with.

Ten bucks says she phrased her answer that way to avoid being hired by the WTS again.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Applewhite's own letter aknowledges her unprofessional conduct. Whether or not the reports she claimed she recieived were falsified, she did not report the alleged abuse. She is a mandatory reporter.

That is unprofessional. By her own admission. Her letter speaks for itself.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    So I got to listen to most of her testimony today and the whole time I'm thinking, "what the hell is she there to prove." Eventually it was revealed and it's fucking hilarious. Great job WT! Can't even prep your own paid expert when you well know what she's going to be asked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit