Bill Bowen's Comments on Ray Franz

by silentlambs 181 Replies latest jw friends

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Ven,

Thanks for the pertinent information.

• abbagail
    abbagail

PRINCESS wrote: "My point was the name is easily confused with a movie about a man who EATS PEOPLE" ...and... "I think the name while very fitting was poorly chosen since many will think of Hannibal Lecter every time they hear it."

The name is only confusing to the Easily Confused.
    Lookie here: "Silentlambs" is ONE word.
    "The Silence of the Lambs" is FIVE words.
    It never crossed my mind that the one could be confused with the other, but thank you for making it clear after 1.5 years that the "silentlambs" name is such a poor choice. Why not begin a poll at the new SL forum and ask the survivors what they think?

PRINCESS continued: "Oh Please Grits, give me a break. I'm not stupid..."
    and "Must you tear apart everything I have to say..."

~~~~~B-I-G F-A-T B-R-E-A-K~~~~~
    There. Are you happy now, Cinderella? ooops, I mean Princess.
    (The "silentlambs" name may be a poor choice, in your opinion, but "PRINCESS" is certainly fitting, eh?)

Have I torn apart everything you have to say? I don't even recall replying to anything you have ever said. The real meaning of the "silentlambs" name needed to be clarified for those "not in the know" (not like yourself, of course) especially in light of your critique because you did not bother to offer the meaning along with your questioning/criticizing its use.

PRINCESS continued: "For god's sake I do have an opinion and I don't care who doesn't agree."

My, my. Rather defensive, aren't we?

If you don't like the name, what better suggestion do Y-O-U have?
    ("If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.")

• Princess
    Princess

Grits, I just feel like your mean spirited post is unworthy of any more of a reply than this. Middle finger.

Undisfellowshipped, you took my post out of context and twisted what I said.

You people will say anything to defend Bill. You are now resorting to name calling and taking words out of context.

• abbagail
    abbagail
    You people will say anything to defend Bill.

"WE" people were not even speaking of Bill. I was defending the NAME of the victim abuse support group, which "name" you criticized (oooops, I mean, "gave your OPINION on.")

You are now resorting to name calling...

You're the one who called up the subject of the poorly chosen NAME (silentlambs).

But since you DID bring it up:
    What Little Girl would not LOVE to be called Cinderella?
    It goes very nicely in combination with Puh-r-i-n-c-e-s, don't you think?

You can dish it out, but you sure can't take it... which is not the least bit surprising.

You know what they say about the middle finger: FOUR fingers pointing right back at 'cha.

• Princess
    Princess

Cinderella has always been my favorite.

Undisfellowshipped brought up the name, I commented on how it sounded like the movie title. You are the one who can't seem to stop talking about it. I'm bored.

Princess Cinderella Rachel

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Princess, you said:

Undisfellowshipped, you took my post out of context and twisted what I said.

If I have done this, I sincerely and humbly apologize. It was definitely not intentional.

However, I truly don't think I took your words "out-of-context" and I most certainly do not think I "twisted" what you said.

Please show me where I have done these things.

Even if I did, as you say, quote you "Out-Of-Context", please show me how it changed the meaning of what you were saying.

You people will say anything to defend Bill. You are now resorting to name calling and taking words out of context.

Not me. I want to know the truth. All I did was put everyone's comments in this Thread about Bill together onto one Post. I have not called anyone "names".

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 October 2002 0:4:18

• Princess
    Princess

By the way, I was criticizing the name. I think it was poorly chosen.

Now I'm really bored.

• Prisca
    Prisca

FWIW,

When I first heard of the term "silentlambs", I too thought of The Silence of the Lambs (the movie). Call it social conditioning or whatever, but the media sure does have an influence on us and what goes in our minds, so it took a while for the image of Hannibal Lector to get out of my head whenever I heard the term "silentlambs".

• abbagail
    abbagail
    You are the one who can't seem to stop talking about it.

1. You commented first about the name (in the conversation between me and you. If others made a comment PRIOR to your first comment about the name, theirs didn't make an impression.)
    2. I made a comment about your comment, because I thought your comment was unfair (the name was "poorly chosen") and unreasonable ("easily confused with the movie,") etc.
    3. You didn't like my comment (see #2) and cried I should give you a break, that you aren't stupid, etc. etc. whatever you said...
    4. I replied to your cry (see #3) explaining why I felt the need to clarify the meaning of the name since you didn't bother, etc.
    5. You replied with, among whatever other comments, the middle finger.
    6. I replied to your middle finger, etc. which was also the post you said you would not reply to any more (i.e., "unworthy of any more of a reply than this. Middle finger.") but now you have replied AGAIN.
    7. Now you are saying I am the one who cannot stop talking about it? Well, guess what? I never made big claims that I would stop talking about it. YOU did.

I just love people who make big statements about not replying further when they know (or should know) their very human nature often prevails and they can't help themselves (for instance, besides yourself, Kelsey007 who over five times in this very thread swore he wasn't going to say anything else and then kept replying again and again and again and again. LOL!)

Why do people bother saying things like "I will not reply further to this..." blah blah blah; or the ones who say they are leaving this forum and then come back the very next week? blah blah blah. So silly!

I'm bored.

"You yourself said it." (Mat. 26:64a)

Very good indeed! LOL!

Edited for typos

Edited by - GRITS on 30 October 2002 0:53:29

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I just love people who make big statements about not replying further when they know (or should know) their very human nature often prevails and they can't help themselves (for instance, besides yourself, Kelsey007 who over five times in this very thread swore he wasn't going to say anything else and then kept replying again and again and again and again. LOL!)

Why do people bother saying things like "I will not reply further to this..." blah blah blah; or the ones who say they are leaving this forum and then come back the very next week? blah blah blah. So silly!

Why? because of that right there. If I said I wasn't going to respond and someone keep going with replies like that, I guess I would reply also.

I do not wish to fight, I just wanted to answer the question you asked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit