Is Ray Franz Great or What?

by silentlambs 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is Ray Great Or What? It appears to be a snide question, especially since it's inserted in other threads by silentlambs.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good news, Bill. I was upset all afternoon, over this. Glad it's over.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Bill

I will not criticise you in any way, and I will not make negative comments about you or what you say or do unless I can direct them to you directly.

Your comments about Ray bothered me. Your comments made me question the man I perceive Ray Franz to be. And now I read:

I apologized for any misunderstanding and decided as a result to remove any negative comments made about him.

You quoted Ray as a supporter of the WT policy on the 2 witness rule. This was heavy, and I found it disturbing that you should quote that unless you were SURE. In my mind, you HAD to be sure otherwise you wouldn't have said it. You now call it a misunderstanding.

You have also decided to remove your negative comments. That's very gracious of you Bill.

Your initial post discredited the man Ray Franz in my eyes...yet it was not factual. Facts should be a fundamental concern, especially as the head of a mighty campaign such as yours.

Accordingly, my support for silent lambs has diminished.

Regards ~Beck~

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Thank you Beck!!! Very well said!!! I agree.

XW

• jimbob
    jimbob

Glad to see you following WTS direction in taking the problem to your brother first before going to the elders.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Bill. The public apology is very much appreciated. Its great that you and Ray talked. Since you edited out your earlier comments, then I will not make a follow-up call to Ray in my "PS" portion of my post. I hope that I did not piss you off, but it seems that this issue was very important to many, and since it was posted publicly, I felt it deserved resolution. I consider you both good friends, and felt bad at the recent turn of events. Thanks again for taking the steps to work things out, and letting us know right away. - Jim Whitney

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bill,

Are you kissing ass because you see your money may be drying up. You trash Ray Franz as he has never been trashed, then you bend your head down and suck ass. Why is that? It is because you know you went and trashed the wrong person and your money may dry up as a result? You are a sorry jackass.

Is Ray Franz great? That's not the question. The question is are you some kind of GB incarnate!

• seven006
    seven006

IW,

It doesn't look like anything will make you happy. Have you ever considered cutting back on your caffeine?

As I said before and you didn't seem to like it, so, I will say it again:

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Dave

• Princess
    Princess

Very well said Beck. This really bothers me. Bill said:

In my opinion he is covering up for something he does not wish to reveal. ... He wrote a book that was dynamic in what it reveals, but his silence regarding abuse causes me to question his ability to stand for what is morally and ethically right.
    Then apologized for any "misunderstanding". In my opinion, much more of an apology is in order. He is implying something very serious and then calls it a misunderstanding? This is very wrong.

Rachel

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Chalk one up for the good guys!

Boy seven you've really gone and done it this time.

incommmminggggggggggggg

##**#*#*#

/\____ /\ _/\_/\_____ /\ _________________________

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit