Letter Read to All Congregations

by AMNESIAN 54 Replies latest jw friends

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    the WTs releases vidos ever so often. Korah has always been popular-they use it to tighten the noose and frighten everyone. Most jw know that have been around for a while, it is one they use if sense problems. But it does not put them n a crisis mode.

Yes, I take your point, Wednesday. I certainly cannot say with any certainty that you are incorrect or disagree passionately.

That said, though, my sentence with the JWs began way back in the early 70s in my very young adulthood and came to its end within just the last eighteen months, so I've "been around a while."

Korah and his boyz are a very old WT saw I, too, have seen used more times than I care to recall. Similarly, I am nauseatingly familiar with WTS video production and the attendant meeting parts assigned in recent years to extort viewing. Imo, it's not the fact that it's still and again being employed to flog the flock; it's the Draconian use to which it's being put of late---coming so soon on the heels of high-profile df'gs and, more to the point, the August KM "study" article regarding treatment of df'd family members---, including the stepped-up "loyalty to Jehovah" angle tied to it that I believe are foreshocks that signal ominously and are easily overlooked by the casual or cursory observation.

One thing I came to learn about the Society [leadership] during my years in association is that everything they say and do ---no matter how inconsequential it may appear---represents some specific intent to manipulate and control some aspect of our thinking and behavior, whether we recognize(d) it as such or not.

So. Just my two. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

AMNESIAN

Edited by - AMNESIAN on 7 December 2002 17:24:5

• wednesday
    wednesday
    it's the Draconian use to which it's being put of late---coming so soon on the heels of high-profile df'gs and, more to the point, the August KM "study" article regarding treatment of df'd family members---, including the stepped-up "loyalty to Jehovah" angle tied to it that I believe indicate a significance that is easily overlooked by the casual or cursory observation.

Oh for sure amnesim(ex if misspelled), they are going to KICK BUTT. With the coming up "calling on inactive ones' they will probably be doing some df/da.They are going to do some house cleaning. U know they are not afraid of xjws- they can shun us all they want and the surpreme court upholds it. They work by house cleaning and that instills fear in the r/f. Things will get tight here in the org until they see how some of these child abuse cases come out. If they can win-however they do it-well they will be able to put a 'spin" on it that the rf will believe. Most jw's wil see it as a weeding out thing.A good thing.

for me,it took being personally viloated and treated below sub-human before i came out of my coma.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Wednesday:

They work by house cleaning and that instills fear in the r/f. Things will get tight here in the org until they see how some of these child abuse cases come out. If they can win-however they do it-well they will be able to put a 'spin" on it that the rf will believe. Most jw's wil see it as a weeding out thing.A good thing.

You have stated very well exactly as I see it. Do I understand you to say you are still in the organization, if I may ask?

for me,it took being personally viloated and treated below sub-human before i came out of my coma.

I am very saddened to learn this. I sincerely hope that knowing you are in no way alone helps in some way.

AMNESIAN

• wednesday
    wednesday

AMNESIAN;

yes i am tech still in-inactive but not da/df. I refuse to go to any meetings. My hubby, still occ attends a meetings nd he defends the org. So far they are leaving us alone.

I don't like what jws are doing, but i'm just can't see how doctrines like the trinity and hellfire and everyone going to heaven can be right. I really have no doubts, hellfire, as screamed form the stages of baptist preachers does not exist at all. Same for trinity. But i am starting to worry about the heaven thing. The bible does says christians have a heavenly hope. However, that is supposed to be for annointed. I ask my husband about what if we did go to heven-he says-well who is supposed to be here on earth?

anyway i'm lookig for some major changes in org next couple years. I think probably someone will win a lawsuit or 2 and set them back some cash.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thanks, Amnesian, for the update. I hope someone takes good notes at the meeting. We moved away and didn't tell anyone where. But we recently got into contact with my MIL and I have a feeling we'll be receiving one of those calls. Since I'm here alone during the day I just wont answer the door. And if they come at night and they see we're home, well we still wont answer the door.

Wednesday, take your time. I remember being where you are. There are lots of groups out there that don't believe in the Trinity or hellfire. And even those that do teach different and varying interpretations of the two. I also remember my husband being in while I refused to attend meetings. Email me if you ever feel the need of a friend who's been there done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit