doubts and shunning....shepherding call

by Tornintwo 32 Replies latest members private

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You argued in a good way with them.

When charged with shunning and destroying families they say that it is the brothers and sisters personel decision how they apply this. On the other hand they write it clearly in the wt that families should have no communication at all.

When talking about judgement, they nowadays say that we don't know who is going to survive; it's jehovah and jesus deciding. On the other hand they say for anyone to survive must be in the modern day ark (jehovahs org).

And concerning child abuse they say it is because the org is imperfect and brothers making mistakes. Bit no word of apology or sympathy for the victims. I heard it from jw's who say those child abuse victims are greedy and just want money.

I had the same discussions with co and elders also about birthday, flood and openly told them that I would accept blood.

Their favourite question which they are able to ask in many different ways is: " Do you believe the gb is the faithful and discreet slave?"

After debating and asking the branch office they decided that they would only disfellowship me if I talk to others about it. Probably that is their tactic today.

In the 80s you could have even been dfd just because you had a different view of doctrine.

After all those discussions I realized it is a total waste of time and if they ever want to meet with me again I ll just tell them. "Thank you., but my personal faith is personal and I won't discuss it with you.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Torn in two im sure you were stressed about this visit and I'm glad it went better than you thought!!

Their answers were quite two faced, but I'm glad they used the face that gave you some leeway.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think the org is in transition like another poster said the org is in a state of flux. In the past even doubts kept to yourself could be grounds for judicial action, but these days they seem to be willing to allow them.

My question is, who wants to be in a religion where we even need to have these discussions? It is just to authoritarian and money based.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit