New Harley, or Kawasaki...hmmmm

by TR 48 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac

Nice story Eric! But, come on...a Kawasaki?

I'm told the frames weren't up to speed with the engines on RZ's either, so lots of wobbles.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Do I detect the JW.com motorcycle club international coming on here,now that would be something!.

Nice chop Animal,I has a BSA A10 chop quite a few years ago,I had to sell her as I had quite a serious back injury,and I found with her being hardtailed,I ended up nearly crippled every time I went for a blast.

My other memorable beast was a Kawasaki 750 two stroke triple,remember them?,great in a straight line,but cornering,oh dear!.

Edited by - TruckerGB on 31 July 2002 18:59:28

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Plmkrzy and animal - just cos I don't like harleys doesn't mean you get to scramble my nick !

It's M i m i l l y or M i m or S a l e m (my real name)

hugs to both (even though I still don't like hogs)

Mimilly, Mim, Salem

edited for spelling

Edited by - Mimilly on 31 July 2002 21:15:12

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

wow, how the hell did i miss this thread?? it's about my two fave things... a sexy man and goddamn sexy bike!!

advice from a true biker's daughter... go with the harley (though i'd really go for the FXDL lowrider model) the differences are few and far between (okok, about $4,000 ) but i think it looks better. yesyes, i know i'm vain!

good luck babe!

• TR
    TR

Awesome scoot, Animal!

Scootergirl,

you should try the four-wheeler or a dirt bike. helluva lot of fun!

Yeah Simon, A biker forum!

TR

• animal
    animal

Man oh man.... all those points I made, and all mimilly saw was a typo.

Animal

Edited by - animal on 31 July 2002 22:40:33

• LB
    LB

I'm not a Harley fan, nor am I a fan of any cruiser. I enjoy long distance riding and the cruiser style doesn't lend itself to long distances or perfromance.

But if I had to have a cruiser I honestly wouldn't even consider anything other than a harley. A new one of course. The older ones had way more problems than they are worth, especially during the AMF years. Why choose a bike that trys to imitate the look of the original. I know the japanese bikes have stronger more modern designed engines and brakes, but, they aren't a harley.

I did own some harleys back in the late 60's as I was busy making a statement. Since I got out of that mode I've owned sport bikes and touring bikes. My favorites are the Beemers. Speed and comfort. Not a bad blend for an old guy.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OK MIM I'll call ya Mim from now on then. But really think about trying it sometime just once. If nothing else it might change that irritation to an ...ahhh...nice memory.

((((((Mim)))))

scootergirl I'll take a chance and bet my bro reads this thread and maybe he'l get his bike off the racks and let me use it to go with you to see animal...

plum

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

awww Animal - I read it all sweety.

plmkrzy - never let it be said that I am unwilling to try. (btw - we look somewhat alike,except my hair isn't as long) You look great on that bike.

The reasons I don't care for the HD is the noise. My hearing is always on loud, and I often hear things the people around me cannot (and no - it's not the voices talking to me).

So the question is: WHO is going to take me for my virgin ride on a Harley?

lotsa hugs, Mim

Edited by - Mimilly on 1 August 2002 13:30:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit