New Harley, or Kawasaki...hmmmm

by TR 48 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

Class is class, man. It doesn't matter how much oil it leaks. The fact that its home is the mechanic's shop means nothing. There is only one bike.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Everytime I see a Harley going by - I want to blast the noisy, high-barred piece of machinary to bits. I find absolutely nothing sexy about a HD. I think it's hype. They're bloody noisy. If you came across a car like that - would you buy it? Would you think it was sexy? Nope. And those high 'handle bars' that the riders have to hold their arms over their heads to hang on to are dangerous. The riders look like apes hangin' from their own vehicle.

I love motorcycles. I have never been able to tolerate a Hog.

Mimilly of the definitely not a follower just cos it's deemed cool or sexy class.

• cornish
    cornish

Do I pity you,

such a dilema to be privaleged with!

• finnrot
    finnrot

I have the 100th anniversary Harley V-ROD on order, should be here Sept. or Oct. Lets roll!!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

HD

http://www.hellsangelsdago.com/hthmusic.html <<<<MUSICCLICKIT

Listen while you decide

TR just think of the greater good it will serve to chose HD, are you anywhere near minimilly?

Everytime I see a Harley going by - I want to blast the noisy, high-barred piece of machinary to bits. I find absolutely nothing sexy about a HD. I think it's hype.
    minimilly judging by your response, you sound like a perfect candidate for TR to take the first ride with. I bet you would have a different view after.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 31 July 2002 9:3:20

• animal
    animal

I own 2 Harleys... an 85 fulldresser, and a 47 chopper. I work on them all the time, but thats part of the fun.

My full dresser was bought about 7 years back for $9000, and is worth $11,500 now.... the same type Kawasaki, or other import, would be at least half its origional value. I dont dislike imports, I just dont buy them.

Stay away from the Indians for now, they are still working out some bugs.

If you have the money and arent mechanically inclined, buy a new Harley. I wont, but I build my own. I buy them used and keep them going.

Harleys are a major fad right now, but it is finally slowing down. Many of us that rode before it was "cool" to have one are amazed at what we see. Get your bike, ride it, just dont be over friendly with groups that you arent known by. If you dont understand that, email me.

I run a group here in the USA, Sons of Liberty Riders, and we fight the prejudices that mimily showed. So many people have no idea that many things we do are not just to irritate her little world. Louder pipes not only sound good and make the bike run better, but it also lets the car drivers know we are within hitting range so they can either aim better or get out of the way. As for "ape hangers" not being safe, I didnt know mimily ever drove a bike with them on. I personally love them and generaly use the 18" over bars. One of my bikes is posted in the "Car Wars" thread. They are not only safe, but they are very comfy. The origional ape hanger laws were written as outlaw gang profiling laws, so the police could stop bikers with no real reason. This was back in the 60's, and we have much trouble removing these laws.

Final answer to the origional question.... anything 2 wheeled is great and a fun lifestyle (my kids have ridden since they were 2). Follow your gut and not the fad. While the Harleys do attract the women, they also attract the cops, and the thieves.

Animal (doesnt wear a helmet either, mimily)

• TR
    TR

Hey, thanks for the input, guys and gals. Harley it is. Actually, I made up my mind a while back, but the Vulcan kept creeping back up in my mind.

Here's the scoot I want. LOOK! No "ape hanger" bars. These are the style of bars I like. My brother-in-law bought a new Dyna Wide Glide. More chrome, different bars, bigger tank, and a 21' front wheel instead of the Super's 19".

I've owned several street bikes in the past, but nothing bigger than a 750. I love to dirt bike ride, and have been spending most of my free time doing that.

Erica,

Last month I took my wife on a "chicken run" ride with about 600 bikes. It was cool. The state patrol had to close off the highway so we all could take off together. My daughter also loves to ride, and rode with her uncle Al, who owns the Dyna Wide.

• Helen
    Helen

you know Tom that I would tell ya to get a hawgggg ........a saying of mine is "I would rather see my sister in a whore house than my bro riding a Honda" lol actually not my saying but its close...

sorry didnt get down to see you when you and the girls were in town....maybe next time..did you get all moved yet? and were you doing something to a deck?

• TR
    TR

HELEN!

How's Tom? Yeah, working on the house still. Got the deck finished, now I'm working on new carpet.

Still got your Sportster?

TR

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......HARLEY...... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit