Judicial Hearing-Elders Afraid

by silentlambs 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Bill, my view is that you have to fight this thing.

You deny you have caused divisions in the hall.......so where is their evidence? You are not allowed to produce your own evidence in rebuttal.

I wouldn't worry too much about the initial decision. If it is that you are DF'd.......you have to appeal. You have the best grounds for appeal, I've heard.

Compare how the child abuser is dealt with judicially.......two witnesses....leave it with Jehovah........and yourself! Quite a difference IMO!

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

Catholic church history has lots of this kind of handling of dissidents. The wt is like the church was 500 yrs ago. The church has progressed from those methods.

SS

• NewWay
    NewWay

INTEGRITY

"It is unthinkable on my part that I should declare you men righteous! Until I expire I shall not take away my integrity from myself!" - Job 27:5 (NWT)

"He will weigh me in accurate scales and God will get to know my integrity." - Job 31:6 (NWT)

"He that is walking in integrity will walk in security, but he that is making his ways crooked will make himself known." - Proverbs 10:9 (NWT)

"Better is the one of little means who is walking in his integrity than anyone crooked in [his] ways, although he is rich." - Proverbs 28:6 (NWT)

"Integrity, then, is most evident when the individual's devotion is under test and he is pressured to abandon his righteous course. Though made a laughingstock by opposers (Job 12:4; compare Jer 20:7) or made the object of bitter speech (Ps 64:3, 4), hatred, and violent persecution (Pr 29:10; Am 5:10), whether in sickness or in distressful adversity, a person must 'hold fast his integrity' as did Job, no matter what the cost. - Job 2:3" - Insight On The Scriptures (Vol 1, page 1211, para. 3).

JUSTICE

Concerning Jesus' trial: "So the judges were prejudiced and had their minds made up on the verdict before ever the trial took place...Because of the wrongness of their actions, they did not arrest him in the temple in the daytime, but they waited until they could act under cover of darkness..." - Ibid (Volume 2, page 235, para. 2)

Concering Israelite judicial matters: "A person with a civil matter or a complainant in a criminal matter would bring his case to the judges. The other party would be called, witnesses were gathered together, and the hearing was conducted in a *public place, most often at the city gates." - Ibid (Volume 2, page 234, para. 1) - *public place: i.e. where the general public could hear the proceedings.
    MANY OF US ARE THINKING OF YOU BILL. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION AND A FINE EXAMPLE OF A COURAGEOUS MAN WHO BELIEVES IN STICKING TO HIS PRINCIPLES. SUCH A STANCE IS NOT EASY AT TIMES AND IT MAY FEEL AS IF WE ARE THE ONLY ONES IN THE WORLD WHO CARE ABOUT DOING WHAT IS RIGHT. REMEMBER THIS SCRIPTURE?:

"And I have let seven thousand remain in Israel, all the knees that have not bent down to Ba'al, and every mouth that has not kissed him." - 1 Kings 19:18 (NWT)

Kind regards to you and your wife.
  • ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I was just thinking,

I think Bill just made history again!

I think he has got to be the only person ever to be LOCKED OUT of his own Judicial meeting.

Unbelievable!

Edited by - ChiChiMama on 25 July 2002 15:7:55

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

No one wants Bill or his family hurt and I personaly would not think less of him if he diassociated himself . However, given the valiant history of Silentlambs it would be inconsistent to sidestep the final unrightous act of the WTBTS. As far as damage control , this forum and others like it serve to keep the truth in the public domain. In addition, there will will be others who will ralley behind this issue untill the number of martyrs generates a loud public outcry against the WTBTS'S draconian methods.

• JG
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

Bill,

You know you and your wife are in my thoughts. These decontamination efforts on the part of the WTBTS are simply outrageous. To expel you, the Pandelos, and the Andersons are going to backfire for the WTS.

You and the others are simply trying to protect children. I never imagined the WTS being so arrogant as to break their own laws to assure the practice of pedophilia could continue within the organization without question. Tears of pure outrage at their pompous attitude and their criminal neglect are making it hard for me to see what I am writing.

Thank you Bill for all you have done to bring these atrocities to the forefront so that all may know to be careful with their children and protect them.

They ignore their own written word to assure witnesses still in the organization are oblivious to the FACT that pedophilia is alive and rampant within their religion. They hope that one will see you and the others as apostate therefore making them think that all is well. Apostates after all lie, they want to cause divisions and spout lie after lie, "dont listen to them for they have committed horrible sins".

You're horrible sin Bill? To help stop children from being sexually molested.!?!?!

It amazes me that they let a worldly reporter in the Kingdom Hall and ignored you while sitting in the parking lot in plain view. They tell the reporter they are convening you're hearing but fail to tell you. How low can you sink WTS?

Guess what WTBTS your tactics are going to come back to bite you in the ass. Your own written words;

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock "

If the accused wishes to bring witnesses who can speak in his defense regarding the matter, he may do so.

However, observers are not permitted.

No tape-recording devices are allowed.

If the accused repeatedly fails to come to the hearing, the committee will proceed with the hearing but will not

make a decision until evidence and any testimony by witnesses are considered.

The committee should not take action against a person
    unless the evidence clearly proves this necessary.

Some of the offenses that could merit disfellowshipping from the Christian congregation are fornication, adultery, homosexuality, greed, extortion, thievery, lying, drunkenness, reviling, spiritism, murder, idolatry, apostasy, and the causing of divisions in the congregation. (1Cor. 5:9-13; 6:9, 10; Titus 3:10, 11; Rev. 21:8) In the last-mentioned case, one promoting a sect should be warned the first and second time before such disfellowshipping action is taken against him.

Those who have been convicted of a practice of a sin will be exposed before the entire congregation as practicing conduct not befitting a Christian, that the rest also may have fear 1 Tim. 5:20

Yes, WTS I fear for the little children who are crying out in pain. Who are silenced by your antiquated laws. I fear for them and the pain, nightmares of remembering and reliving being torn open and exposed, taunted beaten down until they know not whom they are.

I am ashamed that I have never dissociated myself. I am ashamed that I still carry your name, a stigma. You have become the piece of straw in my eye. KNOW that you have stumbled me WTS and it's my blood along with thousands of others that you shall carry on your conscience.

Isaiah 10: 1,2(NWT)

Woe to those who are enacting harmful regulations and those who, constantly writing, have written out sheer trouble, 2 in order to push away the lowly ones from a legal case and to wrest away justice from the afflicted ones of my people

Edited by - cassiline on 25 July 2002 15:48:40

• waiting
    waiting

Bowen observes hearing from afar
    The former Jehovah's Witness elder observed three elders enter Kingdom Hall. He said his request for another date was never answered.

By Matt Sanders [email protected]--270.575.8650
    Bowen

DRAFFENVILLE, Ky.--As a panel of three elders discussed his future within the Jehovahs Witnesses on Wednesday night, Bill Bowen sat in his pickup truck across the street from the Kingdom Hall.

Bowen, of Draffenville, faced disfellowship, or expulsion, from the church for publicly criticizing its handling of sexual abuse allegations. He had asked church officials to reschedule the hearing for a time that would be convenient for his witnesses. Bowen said he did not receive a response, and although he sat across the street from the church during the 30-minute hearing, he still refused to attend.

I saw three elders walk in, but there were no witnesses, Bowen said. For any allegation of wrongdoing to be established within the church, there have to be at least two witnesses. Who serves as their witnesses, the three judges? I am not going in there when they have no witnesses and my witnesses are not here. There is no justification. This is not fair, its not impartial, its just a kangaroo court.

Bowen has complained that child-sex allegations are generally not reported to secular authorities by the Jehovahs Witnesses because of the churchs closed nature and insistence on handling problems internally. He resigned as a church elder in December 2000.

Church leaders have denied wrongdoing.

The hearing began at 7:30, and Bowen, still in his pickup truck, said he saw the elders leave the church around 8, but they did not speak to him.

Before the hearing, George Bandarra, an elder in the Murray congregation and one of the elders reviewing Bowens case, said elders would not comment on the proceeding because it was a private church matter. He added that the elders would not make their verdict public but would telephone Bowen Wednesday night with the result. Bowen said the elders did not call.

A church hearing had been scheduled in May but did not take place, because the elders scheduled to hear the case did not show up. When the hearing was rescheduled for Wednesday, Bowen requested a postponement in writing because of short notice and said he had witnesses coming from California, Michigan, Tennessee, Florida and Louisiana.

Who schedules a meeting on a Wednesday night? I asked for a weekend meeting to give my witnesses time to come here. Its my right, according to church protocol, to be able to produce witnesses to speak on my behalf. (The elders) have not shown up twice, and when I have legitimate reasons for a postponement, they will not give me a reason.

I received no response from my letter. I received a letter from their attorney stating (the church) received my letter.

Bandarra did say the elders were picked from outside the Marshall County congregation to ensure an impartial verdict. He said after the elders review the case, they would pray and vote until a unanimous decision was reached. The other elders were Jeff Steen, also of Murray, and Ron Carey of Central City. Carey is an assembly overseer, who is in charge of the churchs circuit assembly, Bowen said.

Both Bandarra and Steen seemed concerned over the recent publicity that Bowens case has attracted, and again stated the case is a private matter. However, Steen mentioned that there are about 6 million Jehovahs Witnesses worldwide, and about 40,000 are disfellowshipped annually for various reasons.

Members of the church, even family members, are required to shun those who are disfellowshipped.

• waiting
    waiting

Totally relevant in a totally non-relevant way........Bill's kinda cute, ain't he?

Never said I was a serious person, btw.

waiting

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I appreciate the support and kind remarks, it has been a long day, the Paducah Article was a nice suprise, I have not had a chance to get a paper yet. I wonder what the preaching work will be like locally? Who was it that brought reproach on Jehovah's name? Will the local public accept Jehovah's Witnesses as anything less than crackpots?

If what is happening angers you and you want to do something about it, come to the silentlambs march September 27th. Make a statement to WT that abuse survivors will no longer be silenced. The wickedness of WT Policy will no longer be hidden by judicial hearings.

As I suggested in my letter it was the wiser course to leave this matter alone. It seems WT as a way of pattern has chosen to continue to follow the stupid course. Of course when you allow children to be raped can you expect any less?

I will make a vague comment as I cannot say much further at the present moment. It is best described in a scripture, "sow to the wind and you will reap a whirlwind." Listen WT can you hear it? The "whirlwind" is coming...

Within four days.

silentlambs

Edited by - silentlambs on 25 July 2002 17:53:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit