Judicial Hearing-Elders Afraid

by silentlambs 61 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

ThiChi: I'm not flaming you or anything like that, but why should Bill play the Organization's games? By disassociating himself, he is also turning a lot of prospective decruits away from his message, because then he will be a real Apostate, whereas now he's still not technically been kicked out, so they are allowed to listen to him. Something like that, at least.

• JBean
    JBean

Bill... I too would pray that you "hang in there" You are doing SUCH an important work, and if you D/A, then you are playing their games, as SYN said. You may (or may not) know it, but SO MANY people appreciate the hard work, sweat and tears you've put in so far. (Along with the others that help) The TV report was very, very powerful. So many of my non-JW friends just could NOT believe it and now will never speak to Witnesses when they come to their doors, again. And are also helping to "spread the word". I would hope that in your shoes, I could be so strong. You're in our thoughts & prayers... Jbean

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Greetings

SYN:

1. Bill can see what the WT is. Why stay?

2. Well, IMHO, Bill will get Dfed. It is just a matter of time. Why give the Elders the last word and action? Once he is Dfed, the worse will be painted of him by the elders and , believe me, more "sins" will be added to the list of his current "sins" to justify the DF state (look at what happened to Ray Franz). If he writes a DA letter with his reasons, he paints the picture for his departure, not the elders. Bill will have the last word and say.

3. He will be painted an apostate if he is DF. However, if Bill makes clear in his DA letter that he has no issues with the doctrinal aspects of the WT but is "stumbled" by the unscriptural actions of those around him on policy issues, then he will mitigate most of the ill effects. Even Jesus called the stumbled "my sheep."

The question is not if Bill will get expelled, but when and under what conditions. I say the DA way will give him a little more room to get his message out.

Edited by - thichi on 25 July 2002 13:8:37

• JeffT
    JeffT

Bill, you are doing a great thing here. My prayers are with you and your family. It is clear that they are going to run you out, no matter far they have to bend their own rules. That in itself shows them up for what they are.

I don't know how those guys can look at themselves in the mirror.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Disassociation is not an alternative . All things considered , the WTBTS is filling up the "cup" that they ultimatly will have to drink. This is one of those rare occasions where the whole world will be able to see how they handle judicial proceedings.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I agree with Sidd. (I also agree with Ashi!)

Hang in there, ((((((((((((Bill, Sheila and kids))))))))))))))) !

out

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Haaa, but Dfing should be the only alternative? It is the damage control after you are expelled that matters. As an elder, I saw many get Dfed and then they were painted much worse than the truth was. And then, to top it off, the Dfed can not defend the reasons they were "out."

Thats why I decided to DA myself, I had the last word. I mailed my letter to all the friends I could think of. Even today, I have some that approach me and tell me that they respect my reasons for leaving and "putting it all on the table."

I used the stumbled defense, and I am not considered an Apostate in my area. In fact, some keep in touch from time to time to tell me I am sorely missed. Some tell me that when gossip starts about me, they point to my letter for the real reasons that I left. Some now think the Elders in my hall are "liars" because they do not visit me, and they say they do!. Sweet!

Whats wrong "OutNfree," you don't want Bill to be "Outnfree?" What is best for Bill and his family?

Or, do we just want to make a statement at Bills expense? Bills great work will carry on no matter what state the Jws place him in. I do want to see what is best for him and his family, in the long run. Anyone who thinks that it is hanging out with the Dubs and being subjected to all this Bull chit is crazy, IMHO.

Edited by - thichi on 25 July 2002 13:34:29

Edited by - thichi on 25 July 2002 13:40:28

Edited by - thichi on 25 July 2002 13:42:18

• freeman
    freeman

Boy Bill you sure are kicking some ass, big-time.

You got to just love this part:

they taped trash bags over the windows and locked the front door.

LMAO I just spit coke all over the keyboard when I read that!

What a bunch of chicken-sh*ts, what a bunch of fagots!!! I just love it!

If there is a God in heaven, please oh please let a camera crew have caught that on tape! Please..Please..Please!

Keep it up Bill, you have them on the ropes.

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 25 July 2002 13:48:27

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Does any one here think that Bill is going to the KH and being welcomed and encouraged? Why put yourself under that kind of stress? Why stay? Why wish Bill to do something that you did not choose for yourself and your situation? I want whats best for Bill and his family so he can then carry on....

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Does anyone see any similarities between this trial and one that occured around 2,00 years ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit