by silentlambs 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

I just can't get over the meeting at the "HOTEL"

THE elders have lost it---

I would love to know who made the decision on meeting at the Hotel

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Hmmmmmmmm, you know what I think would be interesting? Call the Ramada Inn and tell them about this. Ask them if they allow other cults to use thier hotel for disciplinary actions. Some other people could also call and say that they heard about what was going to be going on there and they would either like more information or that they would never stay at that hotel if such a thing was allowed to go on there. Also, has anyone considered calling the Ramada's home office to let them know what may be going on at one of their of their franchises. Tell them about Dateline and Barb's role in it. Something tells me that at least they would most likely not want such a thing going on in their property. If we're really lucky, the J-dub who set this up would have to look for new employment.

You can go to http://www.the.ramada.com/manchester09941 for information about this specific hotel.

Address:2314 Hillsboro Blvd.
    Manchester TN
    United States of America
    Phone:931-728-0800
  • ISP
    ISP

Maybe one reason for the Hotel...is that the elders are not going to give any sort of fair hearing so much so that they would prefer the matter not to take place in a KH.

I'd refuse to meet in a Hotel and insist it takes place in the KH.

ISP

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

By the way, has anyone considered contacting the local newspaper where this is supposed to take place? Three supposedly religious men wanting to meet alone with a woman at the local hotel. No, that's not weird. Not at all.

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Before a side point becomes to centralized here, it is not uncommon when a complex judicial case like this where several brothers want to present that they move it to a common meeting place that's not the Hall which usually has small rooms and are used for meetings most of the time.

Just because this is to take place at the Ramada Inn you mustn't presume it's in one of the hotel guest rooms but more than likely in one of the conference meeting rooms or classrooms they rent out. This inn likely had rooms available the appropriate size for the meeting, that's all. Lots of companies set sales and promotional meetings at hotels, private parties and special awards dinners, the whole works and rooms range from classroom size to big banquet halls.

This is still an unfortunate situation but let's not get too carried away with wild speculations.

Cheerio!

L.G.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I take it that legal representation is out of the question here? I think she would be in her rights to respond and say "due to the unorthodox request, I would like a legal representative present." "Until this request is honored I will not meet with you."

As someone has stated earlier here it sounds strange but the elders must be getting guidance from mother (WT legal department). I think she should fight fire with fire and talk to her own lawyer before she meets with them.

Will

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    As someone has stated earlier here it sounds strange but the elders must be getting guidance from mother (WT legal department). I think she should fight fire with fire and talk to her own lawyer before she meets with them.

I second that opinion!!!

Lars, are you telling me that some JC's have occured that are not done in a KH.. Can you name one?

What do the elders need the extra room for, to bring the list of 27,730 names with them, and show that the list is not 27.730, but 27,729 and DF her because she was spreading false information or something?

C'mon, 3 men and 1 woman cannot fit in a KH?

I Certainly would NOT go into that meeting alone, without either a person with me or a recording device... (Preferably the media -- I think Dateline and the BBC would love a follow-up interview <G>)

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    By the way, has anyone considered contacting the local newspaper where this is supposed to take place? Three supposedly religious men wanting to meet alone with a woman at the local hotel. No, that's not weird. Not at all.

Nope, nothing to see here folks.. Move right along!!!!

• Larsguy
    Larsguy
    Lars, are you telling me that some JC's have occured that are not done in a KH.. Can you name one?

Hi ItsJ:

I always get into trouble when I try to be brief. What I wanted to remind you of is that the King Halls, many of them, only have a small room they use for the second school. That limits their availabiilty as a meeting place.

Second, these rooms very small and the normal process for an appeal is the three original committee members along with three ADDITIONAL brothers from other congregations. So now you have at least 7 people. In this highly publicized case its possible even other "observers" might be present to assure whatever, they are not restricted to just three brothers.

So at this point, it is easier and probably mandatory if the Hall is not available where they might be interrupted to meet at a convenient public place. The Ramada Inn likely has classrooms available for rent and they arranged to use one of them. It doesn't mean they are meeting with this sister in a motel room too keep this hush-hush or anything.

But there is also another issue here based upon what happened before in an appeals case. And that is, sometimes they bring in other witnesses to testify about the facts before the appeals committee who come earlier. So it's possible they will be using that room for conferencing and other discussions likely with a larger number of brothers including some Society Big whigs who might dismiss themselves for the actual meeting but probably will be around to baby this through after their enterview with the sister.

I've been called in as a witness when such an investigation of another member of the congregation went on at some public place. I don't remember exactly but it was at some public meeting place or a school conference room or something. The Ramada Inn was just probably the most convenient available place that serves all their needs, especially in a high-profile case like this and it gives them plenty of time for the meeting without the possibility of disrupting what is going on at the Kingdom Hall.

So from my experience this would not be unusual that they need a larger and more convenient place than the Hall.

Another thing to consider is that some witnesses may want to come forth who don't want to be ostricized by other witnesses who might see them coming in and out of the back room at the hall. So to protect their identities and to cut down on gossip and talk, having this meeting away from the hall is also practical. Having it at her home is not practical because you don't know how many brothers are conferring on this together. A large body of elders will probably assemble after the meeting with her and discuss the next step. That's my first-impression take on this anyway.

L.G.

• LB
    LB

Oh you might mention to that judicial committe that two of their wives have agreed to meet me in a room at the same hotel. Of course being the gentleman that I am I will only meet with one at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit