THE DILEMMA FACING APOSTATES

by You Know 134 Replies latest watchtower bible

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    It funnie..I always open one of You Know's posts with full intention of actually reading it. But then it opens and I realize that it is all long-winded and I only get through the first couple sentences.

Alas...this one is the same.

Oh well...maybe next time, but probably not.

That seems to be the majority thought on the DB but yet...22 replies in less then 2 hours also seems to be the norm.

And that is religiously consitant.

So What exactly DOES that mean?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    My faith can be 100% supported by the word of my God.

Yes, I know it can. But I'm interested in having you support your faith using the Bible, not the Watchtower.

Paul wrote about those who have a zeal for God but not according to accurate knowledge.

Among such are Jehovah's Witnesses. Among the most zealous of religionists, but devoted to an organization of men rather than to the Lord Jesus Christ. You fall too easily into the Watchtower's mode of pointing fingers at other religions without realizing that the same finger can be pointed back at you.

Yes. That's the dillema apostates are facing. As I mentioned, you don't have the spiritual insight to deal with the deep things of Satan that you have foolishly ingested because the Watchtower hasn't spelled it all out for you. That's why you are in the mess you are in right now as the world is careening towards a date with disaster.

What dilemma? I was talking about JW's being forbidden to think for themselves, and you responded with this? Are you saying that I should have kept swallowing the Watchtower's poison whole even after I discovered it was all lies? No, thank you. It's impossible to go back to fearing the Wizard of Oz after you've seen the man behind the curtain...

All but the most pathetically mentally challenged individual should know that the Watchtower has been around for more the century and that Jehovah's Witnesses have been in a high state of expectation of Christ's return.

How would one know that if he was not told it? You are assuming that the general public at large has both interest in and knowledge of the Watchtower's history. The JW's who studied with me certainly didn't tell me that 'the Watchtower had been around for more the century and that Jehovah's Witnesses have been in a high state of expectation of Christ's return'. Actually, I thought that the expectation had been increasingly building over the years. I certainly didn't think that Witnesses back in the early 1900's thought the end was coming in 1914. And I definitely didn't know that the publications had assured them that that was the date. The people involved in recruiting me weren't going to tell me that, so how was I to know? I probably should have done some independent research, but I was young and naive. So I was taken in by masters of deception. And, of course, once you are ensnared, it's very hard to get out.

Again, you assume you know the Bible, but you don't have a clue what Jehovah's judicial decisions are regarding his people.

And how would I learn those? By reading a magazine published by an organization that can be easily shown to be a false prophet ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HEY YK,You woudn`t know the truth if if it were a flaming telephone pole stuffed up your ass sideways.I speak the truth,I am known for speaking truthfully.You are not known on this board for speaking the truth,You have been decietfull and manipulative and have lied more times than I can count.I doubt you are any different in real life...OUTLAW

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

As I mentioned, you don't have the spiritual insight to deal with the deep things of Satan that you have foolishly ingested because the Watchtower hasn't spelled it all out for you. That's why you are in the mess you are in right now as the world is careening towards a date with disaster.

So, you understand the "deep things of Satan?" Additionally, you are one of the few who seem to understand and appreciate God's thinking in all matters....For someone who has such deep understanding you seem to be quite cryptic and your words are disjointed and illogical. You provide no answers, just attempt to highly how others "just don't comprehend." What an ego trip.

It's a damned sight easier (and quite chicken) to smugly sit back and claim the world is "careening towards disaster," and everyone's in a mess that they cannot fix, lol. While you wait, wait, wait, for god to reveal his "perfect, judicial dealings" with everyone who doesn't have the "depth of understanding." Either of Satan's ways, or Gods.

What utter mental, emotional, and spiritual weakness if I've ever heard it. Copping out and proud of it. And condemning everyone else...Laudable.

• caballoSentado
  • caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

You Know,

I have spent some months reading your posts & not answering any, but I DO want to answer this. Neo Madman gave you an excelent reason for not believing WT allegations, but you dodge the question, is that the way you reason?, that is faulty reasoning. That kind of answers are only satisfactory in YOUR mind, you HAVE TO PROVE that there is connection between the WT & God... THEN we believe you. You say "It is more reasonable to believe that you are faithless", I DO have faith in God...please be reasonable & give Neo Madman a satisfactory answer, not for your mind, but for all the minds that are reading your posts. If this language was my native one, I could have a better argument with you...

Have a good day
    Caballo Sentado

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

How interesting that as we are discussing the many ways in which Jehovah's Witnesses are deceptive in their recruiting, someone else on the board has posted a long list of things you will not be told by JW's who are preaching to you. Check it out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32365&site=3

• TR
    TR

YK,

Check out this thread, I think it's appropo:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27185&site=3

TR

• Dismembered
  • LucidSky
    LucidSky

Jesus: "whoever shall say, 'apostate wretch!' will be liable to the burning of Gehenna." (Mt5.22-Emphatic Diaglott, cf NJB)

LucidSky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit