THE DILEMMA FACING APOSTATES

by You Know 134 Replies latest watchtower bible

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Ditto outlaw. I'm no apostate. I haven't even met one in 18 years. You Know how it is...some people call themselves Witnesses; some people call themselves apostates; then there's a whole slew of people like me, who post here who are neither; Unless you label yourself, sometimes, I can't tell the difference!

• You Know
    You Know

Outlaw says:

:First off DipShit,there are very few,if any,apostates on this board.

According to your perverse and nonsensical reasoning I am an apostate and you are a man of God.

Theres not a whole lot more you can say about bullshit...

Well said. LOL / You Know

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

No matter what you say Bobby, you're still practicing bigotry and sadly, you enjoy it.

As I said before, grow up and quit practicing discrimination.

hawk

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Obviously apostate dubs at one time did believe that there was a solid foundation of our faith otherwise you wouldn't have spent those many years trying to convince others that you had the truth. Many of you were elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, and some even anointed. Where you that stupid? It is more reasonable to believe that you are now simply faithless, blind, and spiritually corrupt and have apostatized from Jehovah God .

Youre totally ignoring the fact that there are a substantial number of us who were raised in to believe this crap: who were really given absolutely no choice. In my case it was shoved down my thoat by a highly emotionally insecure and unfortunately less than logical mother, who true to the JW form, employed highly manipulative scare tactics to try basically convince their her that there IS NO OTH ER CHOICE: that the world is dyingblah, blah, blah. A very LARGE proportion of witnesses are convinced of the truth in this manner. Oh, well, 1 out of 3 bought into it. The other two she now has basically nothing to do with. So, not stupid, simply brainwashed. And, if not sucessfully brainwashed, then shunned. Lovely...

Other than that, frankly, I cannot take your post to seriously. Your choice of words is a major, hilarious turnoff. I feel like Im reading the crap I was raised on at the Tuesday night book studies as a child: right out of Then is Finished the Mystery of God or some such over-affected rhetoric reminiscent of a religious preacher/snake oil peddler.

The JWs are a joke, plain and simple. All this garbage about Jehovahs people If God WERE the almighty working through a group on earth, surely hed have the good sense and the ability to select a smarter, more consistent, more credible, group. He can do far better than false prophesies and child abuse cover ups. Give HIM a bit more credit.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi You Know,

Our ``dilemma'' as you call it, pales to nothingness when compared with yours -- whether to extend your wait for the ``train'' that never pulls into the station, or to begin the long, lonely walk home.

• Valis
    Valis
    Because what I write carries some weight with a few of you.

And then again some of us wouldn't want the new folks to get the impression you are here to help. So, as we all know, you try to insert your bastardized version of JWland on us, judgement, moralisms, slander, more psycho prophecy. Not today thank you... BTW how much does that bullshit your slinging weigh?

YOU KNOW<----- click me...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

you should stick to economics it seems....at least your logic in those subjects isnt COMPLETELY (just mostly) flawed the way it is when you start trying to defend the jws as the only true religion.

yawn, more rubbish:

All but the most pathetically mentally challenged individual should know that the Watchtower has been around for more the century and that Jehovah's Witnesses have been in a high state of expectation of Christ's return.

this is complete nonsense. most baptismal candidates (that ive known over the years) dont have a CLUE as to the history of the wts "end times" predictions. it has little to do with being "pathetically mentally challenged" and much to do with the fact that the society DOESNT WANT new recruits to know the black truths of their past. hell, i was raised a jw, and when i got baptized i sure thought i knew everything about "the truth" that there was to know. it wasnt until after i broke free that i actually learned of the wts historical lies about the end times.

maybe you arent getting enough sleep yk, or maybe you need your daily coffee....but your arguments today are falling quite a bit short of your norm....and considering your usual nonsensical blubberings, i guess we know where that puts you today.

aa

• patricia
    patricia

You Know,

I've always enjoyed your posts but never answered before.

Obviously apostate dubs at one time did believe that there was a solid foundation of our faith otherwise you wouldn't have spent those many years trying to convince others that you had the truth. Many of you were elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, and some even anointed. Where you that stupid

Yes I guess we were that stupid. As were the followers of Jimmy Jones, and Charles Manson and Hitler etc. Many were willing to "die" for their beliefs, many have! I would like your thoughts on parents kidnapping their grown children from (just as an example) the People's Temple back in the late 70's. That child believed with all of his heart that Jim Jones was inspired when he developed the belief called Translation in which he and his followers would all die together, and would move to another planet for a life of bliss. (Doesn't that sound familiar.)

So who was wrong? The parent that saved his child's life by kidnapping him? Jim Jones because he believed he had God's direction and holy spirit and relayed his beliefs to his followers or was it the child who after being out of the influence of Jones realized that Jones didn't have the "truth" after all.

In that the presumption in operation is that if enough scandal and error can be brought to light regarding the Governing Body, the Watchtower Society's teachings, as well as individual Jehovah's Witnesses, then that somehow means that Jehovah's Witnesses have no connection with Jehovah God.

Why do presume to connect Jehovah"s Witnesses with Jehovah. Jim Jones thought he was a messiah sent to expose the hypocrisy of white Christianity. How do you know he wasn't? Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many groups that claim to have the correct interpretation of the Bible.

The dilemma then facing apostates is this: While the Watchtower has not informed us about Jehovah's judgment upon the faithful slave and the organization as a whole, the Bible is quite clear that Jehovah's judgment begins with his own house first and that it is God's purpose to remove all faithless and arrogant ones from the midst of his people and reveal the whole truth

This again presumes that "his own house" has something to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. When Jesus found wrongdoing in the "house" of his father, he made a whip of ropes and drove them from the temple. Why don't J.W's follow Jesus' example and do the same thing with abusers that disgrace his name. It again sounds similiar to Jim Jones. When congressman visited in 1978 some of Jone's follower's tried to leave. Unwilling to accept this "lack of faith" Jones had Ryan and four others shot and many more were injured. Then the consensus was reached to commit group suicide. (If you didn't participate then you were murdered). The organization does the same thing. If you question the teachings, or try to leave (fade) you will be accused of either committing spiritual suicide (disassociating yourself) or you will be spiritually murdered (disfellowshipped).

Jehovah has told us there will be a new heavens and a new earth. He will deal with all individuals on the earth, not just Jehovah's Witnesses. Those who claim to represent him (no matter what their "faith" is) will be dealt with first because they are more reprehensible and therefore more accountable. Jehovah reads hearts not the name on the church or Kingdom Hall they attend. Anyone that has had a personal relationship with him knows the loving and kind Father he is. He doesn't want us to worship him out of fear but love, and he definitely would not want us to remain in or support an organization that brings such reproach on His name.

• Salud
    Salud

You Know,

The examples are all fine and good. The problem is that all of your examples are from the Hebrew scriptures. I am not saying that we cannot learn anything from them, but supposedly these were written for the Hebrews anticipation of Christ. Nowhere do you find God dealing adversely with a group or organization of people in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

The whole structure of the Christian faith in the Greek scriptures is so different from what the Jews were used too. When you read the Greek scriptures you find a stress on individual faith, and not so much of groups of people much less an orgaznization.

The problem today is that the Watchtower has gone back to a Judeo form of worship. Just like you had the Pharisees and the Sanhedrin with the Jews you have the Governing Body and Brooklyn today. Just like you had sacrafices and festival, and all the requirements you had then, e.g. you have to wash your hands to your eldbows, you have all the requirements today, eg. turning in hours, going to five meetings a week, going out in the field service, attending conventions etc. In fact, back then Christians would only meet once a month, and it was not a structured routine like we have today. They would gather arouned 10 or 15 for a day and have meals with each other and enjoy each others company and discuss spiritual things.

You Know, it would behoove you to study the nature of the first century Christian and compare it to today with the WT form of worship. You will find stark contrast.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL
    It funnie..I always open one of You Know's posts with full intention of actually reading it. But then it opens and I realize that it is all long-winded and I only get through the first couple sentences.

Spice,

And here I thought that I was the only one.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit