1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

by cyberguy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    Its just a business at the end of the day

Hmmm....I guess with the recent deciet in the corporate world, one might be bitter at getting laid off because of the lies that start at the top and affect those starting at the bottom. Does this sound familiar? Just a business indeed.....perhaps they'll have to sell back pieces of Brooklyn, hopefully to someone who will put them to a better use than printing mags and books that aren't worth the paper they are printed on...

SIncerely,

Dsitrict Overbeer

• teejay
    teejay

JT?

AlanF?

Anybody else w/ inside contacts heard of this?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

My parents told me months ago that there was some serious downsizing going on (in the days before they thought I was a big evil apostate). Many were sent home except for the few that had a special skill or were there for years. I feel bad for these misguided people, thinking they would be at Bethel for as long as they were "good". With no college, they don't have much hope in this downsizing world.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

The legal fees and court costs are taking away from operating expenses.

Shucks!

Lizard

• worf
    worf

Cyberguy,

Thank you for posting this information.It confirms what has been talked about since last year. I also had heard from a very reliable source who has inside contacts at bethel, that this was going to happen. This is more information that shows us that the wts is going down.

I feel sorry for the possible economic status of the good ones.

But what has to be remembered is that many bethelites have shared in the evil and hurt and destruction of families and the shunning and the lost lives due to the blood doctrine and other evils simply by their working there and assisting to print all the mind control information even when they know its not true. And many of them who have been assigned to the congregations here in New York have even caused a lot of the evil to happen. I've known many bethelites over the years that were assigned to our local congregations and I've seen it first hand. One bethelite whose name has even been mentioned on this board was actually caught stealing out of the congregations funds but the body of elders covered it up. This happened in Rochdale Congregation here in Jamaica New York in early 2000. If anyone here wants his name just e-mail me.

Many bethelites, skilled or unskilled, know that the org is bullsh*t and they know the hurt and destruction it has caused throughout the years. One very prominent person there who knows the org is false is Robert Wallen. My family and I dealt extensively with him when fighting for justice in my case and we know how he is. And all you have to do is read COC page 324 and read about his conversation with Ed Dunlap and its obvious that he knows the borg is bullsh*t. But he doesn't care. He's got room and board and now he's one of the vice presidents so what the hell about what happens to other people. He even used information from my case for his own benefit to help get himself the position he has today.This I know for a fact.

Yet people like him have stayed there because of the positions they want and because they are too cowardly to face the real world like the rest of us have to do. They would rather perpetuate the evil conditions of the wts than do what is morally right: standing up for justice and for what is right.

So to the bethel people who will end up having to leave : WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!!

WORF

• JT
    JT

it was a while back when i heard about the reduction, but it was more along the lines of reducing staff by not bringing in bethelites when folks left bethel-

attrition i think is what they call it-

the growth or lack of growth at bethel is a direct result of the lack of or growth in the field- when i was at bethel we had almost 10-20 new bethelites per week and 30-40 temp bro for construction coming in per week- but that was doing the hey days of construction of Patterson, stanley theater, furman street, the new highrise over at the factory - but those days are gone

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sign Posted on front of Bethel HQ:

"Due to Budget Cuts, the 'Light that keeps getting brighter' has been turned off."

Regards,

Jim TX

It's a JOKE!!! Sheesh!!!

• ISP
    ISP

or........'READ THE JOB SECTION DAILY'

ISP

• teejay
    teejay

Jim Tx,

I'm awarding you the Laugh-of-the-Day Award! (Put that with four bits uh... two quarters and you might be able to buy yourself a sodie pop.) Your weasling at the end ("It's a joke... sheeesh!!") only added to it. Too funny. You got this big ole belly just a jigglin'! Thanks.

btw, thanks JT. Apparently you haven't heard of the call for 1000 to leave. I await confirmation before I pass this on...

• kat7302
    kat7302

okay..serious question.....is that blushing bride single???????????
    lol - it was too much.

I dunno, all this Bethel talk guys. Its not really gonna change anything but heres an interesting idea which popped into my head.......maybe it isnt downsizing after all....Ive come up with two alterior reasons..........Are you taking notes brothers?!!!

1)- The ones being asked to leave were the ones found guilty of leaking information about the list and any of those featured on the dateline programme! In particular, I believe that top of the list was the unfortunate soul who declared that it was best to ask the accused straight out and if he denies "walk away from it" - ouch!

2)- if the statistics are correct and there are currently on average 2 paedolphiles per congregation......that got my tiny mind working and I figured around 150 per congregation would equal 1 per 75 right? well, if theres on average around 75,000 at Bethel......the paedophile average would work out about 1000.....hmm where have I heard that number before????? lol-u just never know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit