1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

by cyberguy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL, gotta love that reply:

Is this reliable information?

Yep, very reliable!

LOL. was that meant to be so funny? If not, please explain exactly, why we should believe that this is in fact a call that went out at bethel, and is therefore common knowlege to any bethelite.

Not that I doubt you, but, of course, I have to doubt you. You understand, and if you don't, you should.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Is this just at Brooklyn Bethel or Wallkill and Patterson as well?

Who told you this information? Was it someone at Brooklyn Bethel?

I do feel sorry for those I know that have been there since they were 18-19 years old and are now 50 years old. What will they do?

Isn't this so loving of the GB to toss these Friends out on the street with nothing after giving their whole youth to the org!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy
    T O P I C R E V I E W
    SixofNine

This is no joke. It was announced to the Bethel Family recently. I found out from a friend of mine who is still in Bethel and works in data processing for the accounting department!

Edited by - cyberguy on 16 July 2002 23:15:11

• scumrat
    scumrat

wow!!! now let's see:

5 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $000000000

10 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $0000000000000000

20 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $00000000000000000000000000

THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE?? PRICELESS

welcome to the real world

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Yeah what is a fellow to do with only a high school education?? If they 
    end up strapped without money, I am sure the WT won't bail them out. 
    I guess the WT is saving money for all the lawsuites that will be coming 
    in.
    Will 

Assuming this is true, and can be verified (no offense, but I'm certainly of the 'question until proven' class) then I'm sure

the lawsuits are a part of it.. But, there may be another part of it too, called damage control.. The less people there the

easier it is to control the information leaking out, as they say, less eye 'witnesses' to the crime(s)...

Just food for thought!!! (Not that the GB would EVER think that way <ROFL>)

Edited by - Simon on 17 July 2002 2:57:28

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    wow!!! now let's see:

5 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $000000000

10 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $0000000000000000

20 years in bethel service, nothing paid into social security = $00000000000000000000000000

THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE?? PRICELESS

welcome to the real world

I really feel very sorry for these people if it turns out to be true.. My heart really goes out to them!!!

Hopefully, this will be a fatal flaw in the GB's reasoning.. Maybe just maybe these people will see exactly how 'loving' their 'mother' is being to them.. I've heard them complain about the loyalty of 'big business' whenever a big company lays people off.. Let's see if any of them can connect the dots, and realize that 'mother's in big business too!!!

After all, are they stopping the printing presses? So why the need to downsize? Are they phasing out the need for brothers and sisters because they are getting more efficient? If so, why do they need to get more efficient? Isn't it great to be able to offer work to your fellow brothers and sisters? Why do they suddenly not need them any more... -- Hopefully a few brain cells will wake up with this announcement!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's just that with something this big, usually there would be 4 or 5 different sources, all past reliable "insider" information providers, posting.

That's why I'm skeptical. I'm not doubting that you were told this, cyberguy.

Edited by - SixofNine on 16 July 2002 23:28:31

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

my first instinct wuz to think it sounded a little far-fetched.
    but anything is possible i guess.
    i just wonder why they would do this.

SPAZ

• Imbue
    Imbue

If it was annouced to all of Bethel than everyone would know not just a guy in accounting.

• kat7302
    kat7302

It amazes me how people can overanalyse a situation. Isnt this exactly the sort of thing we hear about every single day in the REAL world! Its just a business at the end of the day and if for some reason they need to downsize I guess we can be cynical and look at all the above reasons but maybe they dont need that many people there anymore. The figures havent been too great lately have they and as we move into new technology etc, its more machines to less men. Thats a fact of life unfortunatley and I cant help but feel a little sorry for these ones. They have willingly given up their lives and social stuff to do something which they find spiritually rewarding. I guess being at Bethel is the closest way to being near jehovah in their eyes......have you all forgotten what that was like? We AAAALLLLLLLLL had dreams about being at Bethel when we were in the 'truth' and therefore, I do think its a little nasty to take such delight in people being asked to leave the position which basically makes them what they are. I have many grudges to bear, dont get me wrong but I dont take any delight in individuals who truly believe and have given up everything being mistreated. Isnt that what we're all up in arms about in the first place? The way we were treated by these ones? Its just another example. Im not saying we should be shedding a tear either but still, lets not give them the satisfaction of proving that we are all just very bitter Df ones who are willing to take cheap shots. The saddest fact to me reading the original post was the fact that hardly anyone volunteered to go. What does that tell you? The force is still strong, luke!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit