perspective in increasing satisfaction = 0

perspective in being supported by the former congregation = 0

perspective in qualifying into a new job = 0

perspective in frustration = I

perspective in leaving the org = I

perspective in becoming depressive = I

perspective in becoming agressive = I

persepctive in being homeless = I

all together: being fired from the bethel is the ultimative argument that the divine blessing was only like a salad dressing: making soeom arguments nicer but least not valid.

but bethel does not mean future chances as those jobs are soon out for fishing. To buy production may be cheaper than to keep an order of thousands of Jws.

O-o say can't you see by the dawn of the day - the bethelites leave and that seems okay.

They march to their folks without money in the sack and truly they know they would never come back.

yes the money is gone and the hope disappears

when they go to their folks

loosing so many tears

oo say does the GB ever not resign

they like a good living, by lobster and vine

cheers

he he

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Kit - Please don't misunderstand my humor on previous post......I don't take pleasure either in the fact that many of these people (especially the olders ones) are going to be left out in the cold.

I DO HOWEVER TAKE GREAT PLEASURE in the BORG falling on its face. There are always really hard feelings when people are "pink slipped"......especially when it is not VOLUNTARY. Another question arises, will the Legal Beagles at the watchtower require these people to sign confidentiality agreements upon leaving? and if so, wouldn't that send off a RED FLAG to those leaving? I sure as hell would.

In any event, it's obvious they are not going to have many people WANTING to leave voluntarily. So if they're ASKED to leave, all sorts of hard feelings are going to be milling around, thus creating the environment for all KINDS of stories to leak out....now that they've been STABBED in the back.

Having been a lay off survivor a few times, this always happens in corporations. Lay offs are UGLY...no two ways about it. And WT is a corp just like all others when you get right down to it. It will be interesting to see what happens when they start dismissing people.

• Grunt
    Grunt

If this is true, then it is great news. Their jobs led to the propagation of lies that destroyed futures, dreams and families all over the world. I was happy when I heard there would be no more subscritions, not only because it freed a lot of stay at homes from the twisted directions of the Society but also because to me it signaled a shrinking of their influence.
    I do feel sorry for individuals who have thrown their lives away on it or any other cult and who will now have to support themselves without being prepared for it. I feel much, much sorrier for those who have lost their financial security on the stock market or for that matter, for family members these cult members have probably shunned over the years. I hope they have to turn to them for help now.
    I will throw a party on the day the Bethel Buildings are sold for apartments or some other honest endeavor.

Grunt

• Mary
    Mary

Well now if they hurry, they could probably replace the "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" with the "Enron" Symbol...........same damn thing: the morons at the top have been lying their asses off for years, putting on a happy face, thinking they'd never get caught, and once they do, who gets laid off? The people at the bottom............I'd love for the Governing Body to have to stand before Congress and answer some questions........

As for what the average joe at Bethel will do, well, that's anyone's guess: most of them have not a clue what the real world is like so it'll be a real eye opener for them.

I remember seeing a program on TV last year about Bethel......it showed the sisters in the laundry dept., and of course, they were thrilled to be doing everyone's laundry and they actually said "Well it has to be done this way, because people here wouldn't have time to do it themselves."

HEL-LOOOOOO!!! Ya, if I had someone to to my laundry, cook for me, and clean for me, ya, I could also spend hours a day studying.......not that I would......

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

People ..People..People...dont worry about bethelites..I had a no skill menial job while there.

look at me now!!.I turned out great!!

• Mary
    Mary

Oh my god...........Mike that was hilarious!!!

• seawolf
    seawolf

What a beautiful blushing bride!

• ISP
    ISP

Is this news? I guess it is! But its to be expected. I heard a while back that the Bethel was sacking the farmers that worked at growing their own stuff. It was in favour of out sourcing the food production. I also thought that some of the printing was also being outsourced. It is no surprise that there are lay offs.

ISP

• Room 215
    Room 215

Re: outsourcing..

Tom Cabeen, once an overseer in charge of printing, once did a cost estimate that demonstrated it was far more economic to ousource the printing than to do it in house, given the cost of sustaining the entire Bethel infrastructure.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I heard tom cobeen worked for MCI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit