1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

by cyberguy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

What usually happens is they presume upon the kindness of relatives and friends who respect them for their years of faithful full-time service, etc.

• OMG! Now What?
    OMG! Now What?

Uh, you mean freeload and mooch off of others, right?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Does anyone know if this is a new batch they are letting go, or the same group that started in 2002?

S4

• sir82
    sir82
    Does anyone know if this is a new batch they are letting go, or the same group that started in 2002?

Don't know, but I know one way to find out, at least personally....

Back in 2005, a friend of mine who is at the ideal layoff age (mid-40's) called me out of the blue and began asking about job and housing opportunities where I live (which, btw, is far from where he and I grew up). His home state is "rust belt", and where I now live is more or less booming.

He managed to survive that round of layoffs, and I have not heard from him since.

He is "far too busy" to ever call me under normal conditions. If I do get a call in the near future, that's a pretty good sign there is a new round of layoffs.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

On the News From Mothership thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/150690/7.ashx) a couple of posters confirm there are another round of layoffs taking place.

• JH
    JH

1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

22 The little one himself will become a thousand, and the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, shall speed it up in its own time.”

Now it seems that they are leaving by thousands.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit