1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

by cyberguy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Kat,

If either of your alternate scenarios where true, the Bethelites would not be asked to voluntarily leave. They would be dismissed. Period. They send people home all the time.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

It could have went something like this..

"Remember the Scripture "Here I am ..Send me"................well.....

• abbagail
    abbagail

THANKS TO ALL THE FUNNY GUYS!!! i.e.,

Who was the guy on M*A*S*H who dressed up like a woman all the time? Mike Musto, your new pic reminded me of him. You two should exchange outfits and stuff! Too Funny!

And LarsGuy wrote: "Maybe like some career criminals they weren't going to do anything that challenging in the first place." - LOL!

And Jim TX, I agree you get the BLUE RIBBON for Humor today! ("Sign Posted on front of Bethel HQ: "Due to Budget Cuts, the 'Light that keeps getting brighter' has been turned off.")

Lastly, ISP, loved yours, too! ('READ THE JOB SECTION DAILY').

Humor goes GREAT with morning coffee! Thanks people!

GRITS

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

GRITS sez:

Who was the guy on M*A*S*H who dressed up like a woman all the time? Mike Musto, your new pic reminded me of him. You two should exchange outfits and stuff! Too Funny!

That would be Corporal Max Klinger, from Cleveland, Ohio (or was it Toledo?). Klinger wanted out of the Korean conflict so badly, he cross-dressed in the hopes of being declared "unfit for duty" under Section 8 of the Army's military code. Great show!

Edited by - Michael3000 on 18 July 2002 9:52:47

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sign seen inside Bethel by exiting Bethelites...

"Will the last person to leave please turn off the 'Light that keeps getting brighter'."

Regards,

Jim TX

(We could have fun with this one all day.)

• larc
    larc

Michael, It was Toledo. His favorite restaurant there was Tony Packos. Larc of the Buckeye class.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

The leaders are really boneheads... can anyone explain to me that with all this going on, they continue to urge youngsters to ``reach out'' for Bethel service? Or why they lowered the entrance requirements to include non-pioneers if they're intent on downsizing?

• winsome
    winsome

Hi Room 215,

I'd say the problem stems from investing our contributions on wall street (which is risky business these days) instead of where it was supposed to go in the first place, namely the "worldwide preaching work" is clearly a hidden factor. This mismanagement of funds has been hushed up. The brothers would be enraged if they knew. Also other expensive projects like building the "Patterson estate" since 1989 (a $200 million dollar facility and counting) has finally taken its toll. Lack of money.

The JWs are under the impression, when the money is gone the preaching work is over. So the G.B. can't tell.

But liquid assets are slim and cash flow low. This cramps the style of the G.B. who used to be able to spend frivolously. Those days are no more. Case in point, recent books released in paperback form rather than hardback, like both Isaiah books and new Daniel book. Also trying to get the brothers to contribute ridiculous commercial rates for literature like: deluxe gold trim bibles (over $20), WT videos (over $20), reference books like "Insight on Scriptures" ($40 and up) and so-called religious encyclopedia on cd-rom ($50-100) and so on. (See November 1996 Kingdom Ministry page 3.)

All these things and more, show a serious lack of funds at Bethel. But the G.B. can't admit they are short, for obvious reasons. The end is not here. So we should not have money problems or shortages. Surely the "spirit-directed" Governing Body would not squandor the money, would they?

winsome

• JAVA
    JAVA

To meet their reduction goals, the GB needs to pull off another witch hunt like they did in the early '80s.

• If a Bethel member reads or watches the evening news, he's apostate.
    • If The Watchtower study article is not underlined, he's apostate.
    • If a Bethel member owns a computer, he's apostate (it could be used to access the Internet).
    • If a Bethel member has more than a high school education, he's apostate.

Bethel-witch hunting has several positive apects:

1. It creates more than the usual fear and paranoia.
    2. It makes the rank-n-file think the BG is doing something.
    3. It creates a scapegoat for the Tower's ills.
    4. The Tower doesn't need to pay for the one-way-bus ticket out of Brooklyn.
  • bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

If this is true it is great news!!!

Out of all those 1000 unwilling Bethelites who are being "layed off" how many do you think will be just a tad disgruntled? And out of those, how many do you think might accidentally land on this board? And out of those, how many do you think might have incriminating info? I'm hoping at least one or two.

Not only that but imagine you're the parents of a Bethelite who has been in Bethel for 25 years since he was 18. You've bragged to all the friends for years about your son the Bethelite. You proudly showed off the new release every year for the last 25 years months before the convention. All of a sudden WHAM! He's kicked out of Bethel.

No social security, no pension, no NOTHING! And you all of a sudden have to support your son in your old age. Boy, how many parents are going to be ticked off! How many of them are going to WISH they had sent their boys to college instead of God's Organization? How many would even possibly wish their son had joined the military?

Dang! This could have major fallout. How many congregations will be receiving these Bethel rejects in the near future? How many JWs will get to hear the Bethelites complain while they are forced to go out in service with regular dubs? The JWs are already restless. All they need are these little bites taken out of them. Chip chip away. And the BOrg is doing all the work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit