Where are they now? Past posters ...

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

Larc..LMAO home group? I post and spend more time at JWD. I also read at several other sites besides WOF. If you read these links you will see how Ana and MomieDark's posts reveal something about their lives. Deb rarely posts anything personal but she does post information that is usually humorous. I miss Deb and Ana in chat here.

Simon: I didn't realize that it wasn't *nice* to provide information for your reminiscing.

LMAO.. I guess mentioning WOF is forbidden here as JWD is forbidden at WOF! LOL...Ok.. i didn't realize it had become as unmentionable here as it is in other places..lol I can play along what ever you want...lol

• teejay
    teejay

>> What most people need are friends.

Well said, King Simon.

Most of us are already questioning and Randy's site (among others) provide TOO MUCH information for those researching indepth answers to their questions, although much stellar research exists *here*, only in the archives. It's just not something we regularly talk about ever single day, all day long.

No, most of us have moved on and only want to speak with people about everyday matters of life, like every other person on the planet outside of the Organization.

*rolling eyes*

a t Imbue.

I know I'm whispering into the wind here since you can't really help it, but try not to be such a doofus, K? You might wanna go ahead and edit your posts that seem to plead for SOME activity over there. Are things so bad that you have to point to kent's dried-up "discussion board" every chance you get?

Oops! My bad!! What was I thinkin'!?? Things ARE that bad over there. I mean, we all can see how awfully anemic it is, right? Sorry. <hee hee> ('scuse the giggle..) That his brainstorm resulted in such a failure (again) comes as a shock to everybody, I'm sure.

Hell, things are so bad there that even the owner of the board posts here!!! Don't recall Simon EVER posting over there. Go figure.

Sometimes, good and decent people win.

• Simon
    Simon

Good to hear Logical is doing ok. I think ISP offered for hime to come up and we could meet for a drink at one point but he never took us up on the offer.

And whatever happened to that 'mommy' lass ... she was cute

• Simon
    Simon

oh god ... please don't let this become a flame topic

I wanted it to be a happy thread ...

• one
    one

Do you remember "MIERDA" or something like that. His father was a missionary and he just run way from the country as a very young man.

He had some very interesting stories to tell, Some scaring, real, stories too..

Before leaving he metioned he was going for a college degree, good for him.

This board moves fast, if you dont have the time you have to step aside and forget about the whole thing.

But it is difficult to KISS, right Simon?.But you'll get there...

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Yes, friends are important. And who better to make friends with than others who have had the same life experiences as you.

• Simon
    Simon

yes, one. I hope you mean "Keep It Simple, Stupid" and not, er 'kiss' (mind you, it depends on who I had to kiss ... )

You're right Dutchie. I don't think anyone who has never been though the 'jw' or other cult experience can ever *really* fully understand what it's like however much you explain it to them and sometimes you just don't have the energy. It is much nicer to be able to make a post about some difficulty with families, "the assembly" or whatever and know that people understand.

• Imbue
    Imbue

The links provide information about some posters that are being reminisced. If Simon wants to edit it he has the right and the power to so if he wills.

I don't care to advertise Kent's site. Do I have a site link over to WOF?
    I happen to like some posters over there as well as here at JWD. I'm willing to learn form many people and I believe it's a good thing to interact with all sorts of people. I'm really sick of all the bickering over WOF VS JWD. Why do people think there is a competition?

Larc, you have NO objectivity when it comes to Kent. So I have no reason to listen to your statements in regard to that subject.

I see certain people here provide links to other sites and some even to Kent's. Especially when it help's them to attack someone. So why do you think I'm advertising to post certain threads that inform you about the persons mentioned? Which in my opinion is *nice* to share information.

Sorry Simon, I won't say anything more about it and ruin your thread. This all I will say about other places since it is forbidden here now!

Edited by - imbue on 22 June 2002 20:20:3

Edited by - imbue on 22 June 2002 20:32:46

• teejay
    teejay

Simon,

I'm not a particularly social person, per se. I think it's a man thang. I have some fellas I love hanging out with, but they don't live here, so...

Still, I've gotten quite close to a handful of the folks here on JW.com, though. A couple weeks ago when I went to Dallas and looked for Waiting and The Group... yeah, I was looking for people I'd never laid eyes on but, still... people I KNEW. And not "sorta knew" but REALLY knew, you know?

I knew them better than I knew folks I'd seen at the Hall for years. Waiting; COMF; Six; Andi. You argue with, laugh with, commiserate with these honest people who knows what you been thru and, somehow, one way or another, get close.

This afternoon, I talked for an hour and a half with my dawg Bigboi. I'll probably see him later this year. Whenever it is, the first time I lay eyes on him won't REALLY be the first time. I KNOW the man, better than I know some people I see at work everyday.

While we talked, we were both online and I sent him a couple of things over the net. Technology is a fascinating tool and despite the distance between friends, these days we can still be closer in some ways than if we lived in the same town.

I like this thread, Simon, and I miss some of the old-timers, too. Reminiscing -- it's a good thing.

tj- raising his 12-ounce of suds to his friends, particularly those he hasn't heard from in a while

• Valis
    Valis

I know he isn't gone, but I miss tyydyy Tim posting here more..

Simon already did that one, you don't have to click the Active option...people don't post fluff in these forums.. Stay away from the others if its too much to look at.

Bible Research
    Share your bible research with others
    77310,549YK: What Is the "Spirit" of God's Law... Jun 22, 2002 13:10 by professorJun 22, 2002 18:55
    by professor
    Scandal & Cover-ups
    Investigations into child-molestation, UN involvement etc...
    5448,283Rutherford in Revelation? Jun 21, 2002 20:15 by NowhereJun 22, 2002 15:55
    by crawdad2
    Beliefs, Doctrine & Practices
    Beliefs and Behaviour
    5917,588Diabolical, Isn't it? (New WT "Beroean") Jun 21, 2002 19:04 by winsomeJun 22, 2002 15:15
    by SpiderMonkey
    Child Abuse
    Physical and emotional child abuse, Dateline
    1461,733This is SO SICK and WRONG! Page: 2 Jun 21, 2002 14:13 by SYNJun 22, 2002 12:58
    by JanH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit