Where are they now? Past posters ...

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I've just been looking back over some of the old posts and remembering some of the people we have had on the forum, been friends with and now miss.

One of the down-sides of running a place like this is that it becomes harder and harder to really 'get to know' many of the new ones like it was at first and I'm often working on the system and seeing so many names that they sometimes almost become a blur. Sometimes I see a post by a name I don't recognise and they've already made 100+ or so posts !

Many people are bound to move on eventually (although we're lucky to have a good bunch of 'regulars') and it's unfortunate that some are put off posting by personality clashes (possibly mine!) and such or their circumstances may just change and they are unable to stay.

There are many though that I remember who posted here and would love to know how they're getting on. There are quite a few names - some who made lots of posts or were here for a long time and other who just popped in for a brief while. All of them missed.

Just to remind you of some of the names (definitely not a comprehensive list and in no particular order):

• Maximus
    • SolidSender
    • Claudia
    • Philo
    • Uncle_Union
    • Nelly136
    • Ladonna

What about you? Who do you miss ...

• spaz
    spaz

I've been more of a peruser seeking information than a poster, but there was a flash-in-the pan poster called fatjack. Guy was a fiery sort of curmudgeon. Enjoyed those posts!

• larc
    larc

Simon, of the ones you mention, I especially miss Maximus. I also miss Frenchy. He pops in from to time, but not that often. I always thought he had good things to say. Another one I just thought of, is Ianao. I wish he would come back.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Simon

It is an inevitable fact that people will move on....you are smart enough to know that. It is also inevitable that the departure of others will be hastened because of certain events that occur on the board.

• Xena
    Xena

I miss Tatiana

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I don't know if anyone remembers "d'art" and "JOY" from the old H20????? JOY is the one that turned me on to discussion boards...didn't even know the like existed! I haven't seen any post from either one on this particular board, but I know d'art lurks here.........d'art, are you lurking now?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

what ever happend to the couple in SE Alaska, Cowgirl and her husband. They were H2O does anyone know if they post here or somewhere or how they're doing?

Ven

• anglise
    anglise

Where is uncle bruce?

I miss his practical humour and wit?

Anglise

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Gravedancer is right. Anyhow, I miss Gravedancer the most...

Also miss Logi and Philo.

Thing is, you all have been here through my leaving the borg, my divorce, the death of my mother. I have shared with you all things I don't share with the outside world. You have seen every side of me imaginable. I consider so many of you my very distant friends.

moe

Edited by - MrMoe on 22 June 2002 18:30:53

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ginny Tosken, Seeker, ExpatBrit - whre are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit