Where are they now? Past posters ...

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

... and there are topic areas for:

... these aren't "serious" enough ?!?

• Imbue
    Imbue

Oh Simon it sounded like you didn't know where they were now...I didn't mean to offend you. I thought that these particular posts answered your question in regard to how they're getting on with their lives.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I miss:

Abaddon

Mindchild

Bridgette

bboyneko (miss his witty little quips)

Ranchette

Slayerlayer (loved those pics)

Expatbrit

Edited to add: Gravedancer (takes along time to reach the 12th step

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 22 June 2002 19:32:6

• larc
    larc

I forgot about Logical. I miss him too. Several of us spent a lot of time with him, trying to encourage him. I hope he is OK. Imbue, we know what is going on in your "home group", so Simon is spot on, your advertising is redundant. Do you think we are a bunch of maroons? Sheeesh!

• Simon
    Simon

It was intended to be a *nice* topic imbue. A chance to reminisc and remember old aquaintances ...

• one
    one

Simon,

YOU ARE RIGHT. What people need is support.

My previous post do not go againt your position..
    I think you still can have the best of both worlds if you keep and maintain the difference.

Nothing wrong with fluff per se. You'll have audience for each, depending on the position of the learning/leaving curve we are.

We have tabloid papers everywhere AND and the kind of papers such as London Times paper,

Many times both papers are owned by the same corp. They recoginized the difference in audicience and they want to help/please (and profi)t from all of them.

Sorry but another site (yours) relevant example is WATCHTOWER and AWAKE and that is ok, keeping thing separate.

Eited by - one on 22 June 2002 19:43:17</P>

Edited by - one on 22 June 2002 19:54:53

• Simon
    Simon

I may just be really dumb this evening (hey, don;'t answer that) but you seem to be suggesting having different areas for serious and less serious topics ... which is exactly what we have?

The *one* thing possibly missing is to be able to change the 'active' view to only see the areas of interest?

• Simon
    Simon

... or perhaps it would be best to completely split the forum into two sites (which the s'ware does support). You'd still have the single account but could view the serious or light forum. And hey ... two chatrooms!

Edited by - Simon on 22 June 2002 19:47:24

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, Logical ... you're right Larc, a lot of poeple have spent a lot of time reaching out to him and he's been very quiet lately ... although this may be a good thing for him if he want's to move on after his 'close brush' with JW-ism.

• Wendy
    Wendy

I miss Amicus too

I spoke to Logical not long ago...he/she is doing wonderful! He wants to put the Watchtower behind him and move on with his life. I am really glad he is one person I drew closer to, I wish I had more time to visit with him.

I know there are more I miss, the old regulars are pretty well still here though. Simon, I know what you mean about seeing a fairly "new" poster with 100 posts already. Also I find myself looking at fairly new ones who are already Jedi's haha, it took me forever to reach Jedi and that was before the posting limit. There is def more talking going on, also a varied amount of topics.

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit