Armageddon will be here in less than 4 years!

by hoser 40 Replies latest jw friends

• worf
    worf

watchtower predictions of various events: 1914

2000 ... ... ... ... ... etc, etc, etc,

Not one of their predictions ever came true! ( I probably missed some dates above) :)

Worf

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I once wanted to put some new wall paper in my apartment. I was pioneering and we didn't had enough money, but that apartment looked like shit. Our "Special" UBER-UBER-Elder (former CO) came by and said it wasn't worth it. The glue wouldn't be dry and Armageddon would be here.

That was 20 years ago.

His wife died with cancer and he didn't even wait 2 months to marry a 20's something year old pioneer sister (he was 57 at the time). Guess, Armageddon wasn't too much around the corner to wait for his wife's resurrection, or maybe I'm just being picky and cynical.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My Dad (RIP), was a PO (now CoBE), and I remember him commenting to me privately about a pair of Brothers(tm) that were persecution transfixed. Oddly my Dad said to me something along the lines of 'all their talk about persecution and they'll probably die before anything happens.' Sadly, all 3 of them are dead.

He was growing a fig tree in his garden and he said he was looking forward to sitting under it when it grew....then he said: 'Silly me, I won't be here when it's grown. I'll be ong gone.'

That was the odd thing about my Dad (Ex WW2 Brit Marine), he was all for the cult but had a spark of reason in there somewhere when it came to seeing reality.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I hope that all the projects the WT/JW Property Develpoment business is engaged in don't run over schedule, they simply won't be ready in time.

Years ago we had a sheep dog as a pet, if he ever got off the lead, the little bu***r knew we would only walk him a mile or so, and he loved to walk, so he would keep about thirty yards away from you, you could run as fast as you liked, or walk as slow as you like, it was thirty yards distance he kept, he knew that thirty yards kept him away from the control of the lead.

Armageddon will always be thirty yards ( 4 years) away, for the JW's that is, for the rest of us in the real world, we know it is a total fiction anyway.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Lol a quick google search of the forum turned up lots of threads related to that, thus one made me lol

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/194426/1/From-Bethelite-BIL-Last-Week-Armageddon-May-Be-Only-Weeks-Away

this game is as old as dubbies religion

• mrquik
    mrquik

I graduated in 1969. Turned down a scholarship & a career as an airline pilot as the "end was near". Took auto mechanics instead in tech school. Became a service manager before getting into construction. I now am a general manager for a petrochemical construction company & also own a company. I would gladly have given all this up to pursue my passion for flying. I would be retired by now in Florida instead of freezing my butt off in NY.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Armageddon will be here in less than 4 years!

When someone says something like that its very good indication that they are suffering from a psychosis or delusion which shows

they are not in good mental health.

The fear mongering that the WTS. commercializes to promote its literature can have real damaging effects on people's lives and mental health.

Place this fear mongering with a proportionate amount of guilt and anxiety and you create some real potential harm for a minority few.

I've actually known a couple of JWS who committed suicide influenced by the profusion of the world is coming to an end .

The WTS leaders take no acknowledgment that their pressing endeavor to promote the distribution of their literature can have real

detrimental effects on a few emotionally sensitive people .

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Thank god, Im getting tired of being bored to death

• flipper
    flipper

It's been " 4 years away " since 1879 actually. For 135 years - a whole four and a half generation's worth ! Good for your wife in going to college ! I wish her the best ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• laverite
    laverite

And everyone in my family believed I would NEVER start kindgergarden. I'm now in my 40s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit