Armageddon will be here in less than 4 years!

by hoser 40 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

mrs hoser is starting a new career and the college and work training will take her four years to complete. Her mom is giving her a hard time telling her that the system will be over before she graduates.

Remember you heard it here first.

Sorry.............but I DID NOT hear is here first.

I firest read it in 1969 in the AWAKE! magazine.

Doc

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Lets just remember that tv.jw.org will be for many years ahead... Shall we????

• kaik
    kaik

In the 1980's I used to hear that Armageddon will be next year or even sooner. The 70 years aniversary when Jesus selected his bride in 1919 was approaching. Yet, 30 years later, I am still here.

• free2beme
    free2beme

There might be some truth in this, as my mom said this in 1971, 1980, 1990, 2000 and just last week. LOL

• Spectre
    Spectre

One of my favorite ex-jw sayings:

DON'T BUY THE GREEN BANANAS, PEOPLE!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was told that" this system of things" wouldnt last another 5 years , that was in 1960 .

smiddy

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's 1969 all over again:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" - Awake! 1969, May 22 p. 15

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Members who keep saying 4 or 10 or whatever years is all that can be left are sincere, but are essentially just like roulette gamblers doubling down on red when they lose again.

Maybe since the Governing Body is so worried about mundane things like tight pants and bright socks, members figure it's gotta be close.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My grandmom got pregnant with her first child right after Children was released. That was my mom. Mom is now 72(?) and the mother of a grandmother. I was told armageddon would happen before I hit puberty. . . I wondered if I would even grow up! How was that gonna work-never get old and die? I thought my MOM was old! That was in the early 70's. I am menopausal and a mother in law now. I guess I grew up!

If armageddon happens in 4 years then I will be a monkey's uncle! Frankly, it is a lot more likely that I will have a sex change operation and genetic manipulation to alter my species (or that of my nieces and nephews!) than that armageddon will be here in 4 years because some JW says so.

I have no inclinations towards species or gender re-assignment.

• jhine
    jhine

I had a conversation with a Witness last week about this and I got the impression that she was expecting it much sooner . I asked " have they not learnt from 1914 and 1975 ( among others ) ? " She just shook her head and smiled as if sorry for me ,cus I would not be ready.

Jan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit