"You have to find out her fears and exploit that. What is her worst fear?"

by cognac 43 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I might add- I also agree with all of those saying that you need legal assistance ASAP. Another thing WT elders get fearful of - " worldly " authorities checking into congregation and family relationships. But since you aren't getting any support from the congregation, your husband, or the elders - you need these legal folks on your side to help you fight this

• MissFit
    MissFit

(((((Cognac))))): just popped in to check on you.I know you must have your hands full right now.

if you read this know my thoughts are with you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I hope we hear back from Cognac soon! With all this going on, I worry! Does anyone know her personally to know that she is ok?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Kate's - one thing that hurts for me is where you say your boy is now shy and flinches.

xxx

• baltar447
    baltar447

Holy shit. Do these people even listen to themselves?? Exploiting her fears?!?!? Omfg

Good luck cognac.

• carla
    carla

In my thoughts Cognac, hope you are doing ok.

I don't understand why many of you think this was outrageous behavior for the jw friends, I thought this was par for the course and quite regular behavior on the part of jw's. It is my opinion anyway, from all the stories on the boards and my own experience with jw's when my jw first joined up and I was opposed. In fact it is exactly this kind of story that I relate when speaking about jw's to non jw's who know nothing about the org. To me this IS the cult mentality. This 'religion' regularly breaks up families and causes lifelong hurt and damage to relationships. They do not allow natural affections if it gets in the way of their agenda.

It can be fought and won but is a hellish ride in the meantime. The jw may still stay in but a truce of sorts can be found and life can continue and even be good, not the same but good nontheless. Relationships are never the same once jw's become involved.

• flipper
    flipper

I know many of you are concerned about Cognac and my wife and I talked with her for over an hour the other night. She wanted me to post on here that she is laying low right now as she is dealing with some very serious issues regarding her husband. She's keeping that private for the time being as she has to be VERY careful in how she handles this. Undercover for her and her children's sake is a priority right now at present. She wants you to know that she appreciates all of your concern and that she is seeking help in the best way possible for her and her children's welfare. She will be back posting here down the road a little bit once she is in a safe place to do so. Any of you that have gone through these volatile or explosive situations- I'm sure that you understand. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

baltar447 - "Holy shit. Do these people even listen to themselves?? Exploiting her fears?!?!? Omfg"

Yet another "who-the-hell-do-they-think-they-are" moment for the list.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Really, he's getting me excommunicated so I have no reason to stay here anymore

Sorry if I sound rude, but......are you Catholic? I have never heard a JW use the word 'excommunication'.

I am confused. I thought that term was a Catholic term. JWs use the made-up word 'disfellowshipping' instead of 'excommunicating'.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Our best wishes to you & your fam, Cognac... you too flipper (nice of you to be there for people)

Definitely save that email / text from that idiot.

LOVE, not WT, conquers all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit