A rose by any other name..............

by sparrowdown 45 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks to the opening poster!

This is a great thread!

It really helps us get to know fellow forum members, and "what makes us tick"!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I was 53 years old when I started to wake up because I found out I suffered with ADD. When I started on the meds for ADD my mind seem to open up so I could think clearly. So when I came on this site I used the name Totally ADD. Two years ago my computer died. When I got a new one and tried to log on I forgot my password so I signed up again with the new user name Still Totally ADD and yes I still on the meds. LOL Still Totally ADD

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I am a teacher and I remember studying from the book Listening to the Great Teacher when I was very little.

I was GreatTeacher on JWS and when they folded and I came here, I discovered the name was already taken, so I added the extra "r" in honor of Tony the Tiger and his grreat tasting Frosted Flakes.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Now the bricks lay on Grand Street
    Where the neon madmen climb
    They all fall there so perfectly
    It all seems so well timed
    An’ here I sit so patiently
    Waiting to find out what price
    You have to pay to get out of
    Going through all these things twice
    Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
    To be stuck inside of Mobile
    With the Memphis blues again -Bob Dylan

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Because I'd love to ask Mr Russell............WTF were you thinking?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, some helpful explanations here for names I've been wondering about. As I've mentioned on the past threads on this subject, my name is a sort of reference to my younger days. I used to post on the Internet under the Greek word "Gnophos" ("darkness", "gloom") because, as a young Witness who was leading a double life (though trying not to), I felt a dark cloud hanging over my head since I was going to be toast at Armageddon.

When I learned TTATT and decided to sign up here, it was with a feeling of having a new lease on life. I was moving out of, or away from ("apo-") the darkness.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Neon Madman, how cool....Bob Dylan and all that.

Apog, glad you aren't nophos any longer.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

As already said, great thread...

Pete zahut.

I didn't get it! Seen it loads of times, it didn't register. Been laughing to myself all day about that!! Brilliant name!

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

I'm a Tori Amos fan, and it's the title of one of her more obscure tracks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm a hopelessly incurable movie geek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit