A rose by any other name..............

by sparrowdown 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm curious, why and how did you choose your username?

Does it hold any special significance for you, is there a share-able back story?

For me sparrowdown is a playful reference to Matt 10:29 and the title of the movie Black Hawk Down.

Matt 10:29 was my go-to scrip to "prove" that God cares about us as individuals. (Yes, yes, very sad).

Because it reads in part;

"not one of them (sparrows) falls to the ground without your heavenly Father's knolwledge"

So much so, that in my brain which is geared towards absurdist style of comedy

I liked to imagine that whenever a literal sparrow dropped dead,

the "Angel in mid heaven " would radio to Jehovah at Heaven HQ

"Sparrow down!, I repeat, sparrow down!"

Jehovah would reply

"Yeah, copy that Angel in mid heaven, bring the poor little bastard home"

As I said I am into absurdist comedy.

That's me, but what about you ?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wanted something Beatles related There wasn't time to think about it. Band on the Run was difficult after the Great Divorce. It was the first post Beatles tune that I really like. I woke up early one morning and decided to play the album and turned it up all the way. The downstairs neighbor was not pleased. I knew it was wrong and I played it anyway. I wrote an apology letter.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I got my name from Daniel 4:13---"As I viewed the visions of my head while on my bed, I saw a watcher, a holy one, coming down from the heavens."

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I like roses a lot.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mine was just kind of obvious:) I'm not particularly creative, what can I say?

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

My name is my name. I'm not very imaginative, i guess.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The governing body held us down. The had their feet on our necks, with our faces in the dirt. Learning the truth about the truth sets us free so we can soar above the earth, to the ends of the rainbow, or even to the far reaches of space. Hopefully we are all flying high now. I know I sure felt like I was flying as I broke the chains of the WTBTS, not even gravity could hold me.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

mine is an expression of fact. I am joyful although after being on this forum I realize I am technically not a fader...I quit cold turkey and disappeared sooo....

plus I wasn't feeling particularly creative lol

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Mine is kinda obvious.

I feel like I am stuck in the rut or routine of life as a witness. Now that I have woken up to the "truth", I feel both liberated, and stuck at the same time.

The number 2 at the end was to show that along with others in the same situation, I too(2) feel stuck in a rut...trying hard to get free!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't know. I think Hortensia is kind of cute/funny. No worse than my real name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit