What is the Watchtower's(R) Objective with the APATHY TROLLEY(CART)?

by punkofnice 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

quarterback said: They are in Ontario, Canada

Blech! I have an overwhelming urge to hurl.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs36/150/f/2008/255/6/7/__Blech___by_Fingahs.jpg

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wefer to my pwevious fred

Are you Walter the Wobot?

http://www.comicvine.com/walter-the-wobot/4005-53947/

• nugget
    nugget

I can only assume it is a way to get easy hours to throw a lifeline to pioneers and others who are fed up with trudging door to door. The carts are not an obvious witness since their overall beigeness makes them blend into their surroundings. They require no effort or intereaction except the ability to monitor the stand and people passing by. You do not have to man the stand locally so fear of being recognised and approached by someone you know is not a big risk for those who are self concious about their witness status.

They can thus claim they are doing lots of extra activity in their report but in actual fact they are doing nothing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is in the end good news for those of us who wish to see the WT dwindle and die.

After a perod of intense F.S that I did back in the day, many hours per month, going out very early to "witness" at train stations before dawn, doing street witnessing early, then meeting with the group for the rest of the day. I looked back at the end of this period and was most disheartened, I had achieved NOTHING, it was depressing.

The JW's doing this Trolley/Cart work will soon begin to feel that it is pointless, and of course there will be even fewer new recruits for the cult as a result of it.

Once again, in trying to solve a problem, the sheer drudgery of DtoD work, the WT have done their darndest to shoot themselves in the foot.

• Fencing
    Fencing

I would venture a guess that's it more to renforce things in the minds of the faithful, than for any public "preaching" effort. Already in my network of active witnesses, they're all riled up and excited about how this new method of preaching is proof that "Jehovah is speeding things up."

It's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, nothing more.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

The WBTS realizes the poor response in door-to-door work is overwhelming. Their constant touting of its importance is reason enough to believe that they aren't getting the desired number of hours from the rank and file. Most of the hours are cooked up by regular,auxillary,special poineers and the elders,co's do's etc. Rank and file -if you ask me - average about 2-3 hours only. This could be one way to beef uptheir stats. All they want to do is look good on paper. To impress the R&F that this is J's organization.And their continued bullshit of how the work is being speeded up ithe last days.

Trollies or carts help R&F to report 8-10 minium per month.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If the WBT$ is losing money and drones then why so much apathy surrounding the trolley/cart?

Why are they not being more pro-active with this 'urgent, never to be repeated work(TM)?'

I have thought and thought about this. My personal opinion is that actual literature "placement" is now a money-loser. Those publishers feel that they are giving of their time and making so much effort that they are not giving abundantly from their pockets to pay for the literature (rightly so). Door-to-door has kept JW's busy but it's getting to the point where (1) it is very discouraging that nobody wants to talk to them (2) it may be dangerous to knock on doors and (3) some lawyer may one day successfully sue WTS for what happens to them at the door.

So WTS isn't really interested in "placing" a whole bunch of literature if it's losing money. The carts and tables don't cost so much to them and they can pretty much charge the publishers for them, especially when Joe Publisher sees easier "service" by using a cart or table. Then the apathy keeps the publisher from getting in arguments or from being asked to move along. The carts and tables will eventually (if not already) only offer cheaper products- tracts.

So they don't move much printed material and that saves money. They keep the members busy in a new EXCITING work and make them feel guilty for not auxilary pioneering. They start highlighting how the disciples in the Bible went from door-to-door and to the marketplaces, especially the marketplaces. They may eventually get the publishers out of the door to door as the organization reinvents itself as jw.org instead of Watchtower.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cantleave - That's EXACTLY who I was being. Well spotted!

Fencing -

Already in my network of active witnesses, they're all riled up and excited about how this new method of preaching is proof that "Jehovah is speeding things up."

Oh boy, I remember that feeling when I was 'in'.

OTWO - Yes, I wondered when the D2D work might start getting too risky for them too.

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

1) they need busywork for current members, but recruiting has ended anyhow, no new members from "the field"

2) going house by house, they may be exposed to deprogramming attempts by householders and exposed to "external thinking"

3) they need to keep them together and in public places. basically same idea that in point (2)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure the trolleys are a response to my criticism since I first joined the board that the door to door work is outdated. Nobody is at home any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit