What is the Watchtower's(R) Objective with the APATHY TROLLEY(CART)?

by punkofnice 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Heaven - I'm sure you will run foul of them.......mind you don't expect them to come and find you...that would be too much effort!

• designs
    designs

Punk- We have a pioneer couple in town that I have known for years who sit in front of one of the markets with the "Cart". They actually do a pretty good job of engaging people. We also have the assorted quasi religious/medical group from Mexico that asks for donations. Never quite sure what that is all about.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would love to meet someone doing this and ask about why there not going door to door since they have always acted like any other form of preaching by other churches was not good enough.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Punk- "apathy trolley" ha! love it.

Maybe whoever manufactures them could be paid off to sabotage the brakes.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Maybe they know people hate the door to door work, so they hope letting some people get their hours in in a less painful fashion will keep them from losing publishers.

And/or

They figure it can't be any less effective than the door to door work, so why not give it a go.

And/or

They don't know what the hell else to do.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

They are in Ontario, Canada

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC - I wonder how many fake 'experiences(TM) there will be heralding the success of the Apathy Trolley?

Punk, there will be dozens of Bible Studies "started" but no one knows where to follow up on them. But we'll just leave in the hands of the Angels and the Holy Spirit to care for those "seeds" that were planted. Trolly Folks plant, Angels water, and God makes it grow.

Doc

• Listener
    Listener

We can rule out any idea that they might have the trolleys in order to preach God's Word as they've been instructed to hide their bibles.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The WTBTS is a dangerous cult. It keeps JWs busy thinking that they are better than everyone else, and therefore reinforces the WTBTS's BITE control. I still cannot figure out the money making angle for the WTBTS, unless it is to advertise the JW.ORG brand. I sometimes wonder when the WTBTS will allow advertizing on their website or have an online JW.ORG gift store where JWs can buy JW.ORG junk.

Considering that posters have described that JWs behave apathetically while manning the trolleys, I don't see a positive outcome for the WTBTS, unless they want to lose more JWs. I wish that there were trolleys were I live, so that I could ask them a few simple questions or a poster with jwfacts.com.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

"I hope that curious man doesn't come to my end of the table. I just want to count my time and get the hell out of here." (thought the sister on the far right)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit