Could There Be Another Mass Exodus From This Cult?

by mrquik 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Brokeback WT...

I think they're currently transitioning from the "frustration stage" to the "nightmare stage".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nice post, find myself feeling similarly - except one minor point and this is directed at the Witnesses, not yourself.

Persecution. I mean to say.Ok the imprisonments in Eritrea, Bulgaria and maybe issues around banning in Russia.

But...guy's with sandwhich boards at conventions? AAWA?Six screens ? JW Fairytale??!!!

Doesn't quite rank with being sewn inside a pigs stomach & torn apart by lions!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Or losing tax-exempt status and having to "pay back Caesar's things to Caesar".
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am not sure that a " Mass Exodus" will actually happen, though I have longed for it to do so ever since I left, but we are in such strange times for the JW "religion", nothing like what we see happening has ever occurred before to them, I foresee a huge "disaffection", by which I mean a "falling out of love with".

Just as some fall out of love, and yet for a variety of reasons, stay in a relationship, I see this happening to the majority of those still ion the religion.

This will result in lower donations, which will result in the G.B Screaming!!! for funds, which will make the disaffected more determined not to donate.

A slow process, but an inexorable one, which will bring an end to the evil cult.

• sir82
    sir82

I think I would find it really more satisfying to see membership slowly, but inexorably, shrink little by little over the years.

A nice 2 or 3% drop per year, accompanied by increasingly frenzied beatings in the magazines & from the platform. Even further cutbacks in "literature". Half-finished Kingdom Halls abandoned, and finally scrapped and sold. That sort of thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "I think I would find it really more satisfying to see membership slowly, but inexorably, shrink little by little over the years."

Not to mention that, historically, regimes that die a slow death by attrition tend to stay that way.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    could be if just a few things go against the borg like they lose their charity status and have to start paying more taxes etc and if they really get short of money and have to start selling KHs off they will shake even the die hards
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I see it as a slow decline - lead by very few people coming in from educated nations, coupled with absolutely no teaching nor any education to make people effective teacher - young people though forced to be baptized young but becoming disillusioned or just waking up - the call for those who have left to come back falling largely on deaf ears - and the continual improvement in education found in 3rd world countries helping that last bastion of potential JWs starting to dry up. And in 20 years when we have the triple decker overlapping overlapping generations - more will leave.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I saw an interesting programme on the BBC TV by Simon Reeve about Ireland, he was asking why, from one of the most conservative and strongly Catholic countries in the world, they had gone to legalizing Gay Marriage and ignoring the R.C Church.

The reply he got from one lady was telling, it went along these lines "Well, with all the Child Abuse stuff, we now think "Who are you to tell us what to do?" "

Maybe when all the JW Child Abuse stuff really mounts up and gets through to the R&F it will have the same effect upon many of them, I do hope so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...The reply he got from one lady was telling, it went along these lines 'Well, with all the Child Abuse stuff, we now think, who are you to tell us what to do?'..."

I wanna kiss this lady.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit