Could There Be Another Mass Exodus From This Cult?

by mrquik 89 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Could There Be Another Mass Exodus From This Cult?

Mass exodus? I really don't think so. Most of those left in the cult have too many family connections still inside to have a mass exodus. Any organized talk about leaving is stiffled for fear of being exposed as an apostate. You could actually have an entire extended family secretly wanting to leave the Watchtower, but all of them affraid to mention it to others in the family out of fear. They could all stay trapped in the Watchtower when actually unbeknown to each other they all want out of the cult. LOL

The cult will experience negative growth, but no mass exodus. Even if there is negative growth the Watchtower will spin the numbers to the positive. They lie.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AlphaMan - "They could all stay trapped in the Watchtower when actually unbeknown to each other they all want out of the cult."

Back in the pre-internet age, yeah.

These days, though? Trust me, conscious-classers are finding it easier and easier to ID each other.

AlphaMan - "The cult will experience negative growth, but no mass exodus."

Unless, of course, we are the exodus.

AlphaMan - "Even if there is negative growth the Watchtower will spin the numbers to the positive."

No matter how much they try and spin it, though, reality will still be reality.

Have a little hope, man; it ain't a bad thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

metatron - "Escalating commitment can be a sad thing..."

Pssh.

Escalating commitment - more often than not - is a recipe for (and indication of) f**king disaster.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I look at it this way: You can't go on forever saying "the sky is falling" and expect people to keep on beleiving you I don't care how brainwashed the rank and file are, there is a limit or tipping point.

The longer this cult survives the harder it is to get sane people as Corporation leaders(Anthony,Loasche, Lett, Splane prove this point) the gene pool of those not fit for survival is all you got to choose from another words those at the top got some serious mental problems and are not fit to run a business like the WT and will run it into the ground through their own vanity and stupidity. This current GB is addressing all kinds of stupid shit which shows their grasp of what is happening is too fogged up with delusions of grandure even thinking the Corporation is the their Chief Deity's "earthly Organization" which by definition of the title would indicate they feel they can do no wrong in what ever they decide.

I think we are on the cusps of a grand mass exodus the like of which both staggers the imagination and fantacies we have about the Watchtower's demise. Stupid is as Stupid does and life is like a box of chocolate as Gumpy boy would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPIEn0M8su0

• kaik
    kaik

I think the mass exodus (it would be mostly the sane) would leave the most crazy and mentally disturbed in the organization. The GB would feel that the mass exodus is a proof that the end is near and they fullfill the prophecies about apostasy. WT is so deep in its delusion that there is absolutely nothing that would awake them. The GB can still live comfortably with smaller membership.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I spent 50 yrs. in this cult. I've watched loved ones & friends die waiting in earnest for Armageddon. My generation is the last that will obey blindly. Losing their only cash cow has to have a serious impact eventually. Fortunately for the next generation, they have access to TTAT. At some point, all this has to reach critical mass. I only hope I'm still here to celebrate that day.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

It's all about the money now. The leaders know this. Just read what the postings on here are about lately. Recap:

Less District Overseers. Less convention days. Less assemblies. Less pages in the magazines. Less new literature. Less meetings. Less Regional Building Committees. Less printing facilities. Less Branches.

Someone tell me, in what way does this sound like a prosperous and growing organization? Members can go along and fake it or hang on just in case. But people vote with their pocketbooks. When the people lose confidence, they don't contribute, much. It's going down. A slow but gradual death.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bib_NC - "Less District Overseers. Less convention days. Less assemblies. Less pages in the magazines. Less new literature. Less meetings. Less Regional Building Committees. Less printing facilities. Less Branches. Someone tell me, in what way does this sound like a prosperous and growing organization?"

Another excellent point.

Something we tend to forget is that the WT Corporation has become - due to the era of its heydey - designed around a 20th-Century capitalist business model in at least one very crucial aspect...

...it requires constant growth to survive.

The new stealth-tithe may prop them up for a little while longer, but their current financial model simply isn't sustainable for the long-term.

Bib_NC - "It's going down. A slow but gradual death."

It ain't the crash-and-burn a lot of XJWs would like to see, but one can take comfort in the fact that slow and gradual death is - unlike the alternative - usually far more permanent (if history is any indication).

• All for show
    All for show

DOCS comment on the first page. "What will really hurt is if they leave their checkbooks at home"

Wow. DOC you must be a prophet! I wasn't awake two years ago. Look at the speculation and where the WTS is now.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Some are saying that they entered the final stage of wishful thinking the nightmare stage when the whole delusion falls apart with the crashing in of reality. I personally think they are very close to that stage or are there, but we are on the outside looking in and have no idea of the "total shit" they are facing right now, we just have a sketchy picture which we can only guess at due to the notoriety of some of their legal troubles and sudden work stoppage which from the outside looking in can be considered as indicative that nightmare stage is in progress and growing bigger each and every day.

Being that the GB don't like to admit to anything negative and are in a deep state of denial I would not go by any of their numbers that they publish because surely such liars don't have any qualms fudging figures to give a false impression about a mass exodus because that would cause a stampede in the herd, as would an admission that contribution are way down and business is no longer profitable would cause a mass withholding of donation as people don't want to throw good money after bad. Only when they are left with no other choice will they finally admit a serious down turn of events and financial difficulties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit