JW.Org

by Kool Jo 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

@wasblind JWFACTS . com is ranked 440,461 on the worlds ranking list of websites and it gets a handfull of visitors from just a few countries per day

Its maybe adored by apostates but ignored by all others.....emeth

The WBT$ web site "JW.ORG",has A Captive Audience Of 7 Million JW`s..

....................... JWs Visiting Any Non-WBT$ Web Sites..

..............................IIs Discouraged By The WBT$..

.................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I wonder if there is anyone interested in the JW's that not will use Google to get som more facts than from the JW.org webpage? An experienced internet user is not that naive.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Emeth -

Most websites have internal measurements that they watch to see if they are reaching the audience they seek. Some of my websites don't rank well at all on Alexa, but do I care? Not a bit. What I like to see is after I post a new article and I get 15,000 hits over the next 48 hours and then see that 100-200 people per day continue to read some of the article for weeks. JWSurvey.org consistently gets 2500 to 5000 unique vistors a day, and Cedars ranking on Alexa is not good at all.

But if you know that 500-3000 individuals are coming to your website daily to at least see what is new or to read your most current article - that is really quite satisfying.

Many current websites also deliver their articles directly to their readers via email subscriptions. So subscription readership is hard to track, but is still gratifying if you have 500-1000 subscribers.

I don't think that most JW discussion editors and webmasters are all that concerned about daily and weekly readership. I think most of us are more concerned about response after a new article goes online and how the comments trend. Facebook is the 2nd most popular site after Google, but individual accounts (essentially personal websites on Facebook) would be very happy to get 50 hits a day.

You mentioned JWFacts.com. Remember that it is an information site, more like an encyclopedia of information, not a daily news site. So its audience is made up of visitors looking for information about some aspect of the Watchtower or JWs, not for news. The same would apply for Barbara Anderson's WatchtowerDocuments.org (and .com). Their purpose and audience is entirely different from a site like JWN that is constantly being updated and expanded by the minute.

It's called "apples and oranges." Like the previous comment, none of us have 7+ million members who feel they have to check in every couple of days to see what's new and have also been told to avoid reading all other worldly websites. I think it is interesting that all of my websites are visited by someone at Watchtower HQs in Patterson and Wallkill every couple of days - so someone that matters is checking us out. In the past, Ex-JW.com and WatchtowerWatch.com would get about 8-10 hits a day just from WT Brooklyn HQ. AAWA.co gets hit by the WT about 6-8 times a week. Those are hits that I care about, not some goatherd in Turkistan or a Tibetan monk with a smart phone.

JV

• wasblind
    wasblind

Syl

When I start goin' to the Hall

I would be invited to different ones homes

those tricky sisters would unload a bunch of old mags

off on me. I was Sooooo Gullible . Dumb as Hell

That's how I got that Proclaimers book

I thought that sister wanted me to have it to learn about the " Troof " in our study

She was usin' me as a dump while she cleaned out her house

that's what she did

You oughta seen all the unplaced literature I had to throw out

There was one sister I didn't like to work wit

she would never give me a chance to place anything

If I saw her today I'd thank her for

not givin' me the chance to spead rumors and out right lies

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh my, Wuz.

Don't get me started.

I wouldn't want to hijack this thread.

LOL.

Sylvia

• wasblind
    wasblind

I know what you mean

emeth !!!!! come on back to the table !!!!!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Emeth,

Forgive me if I do not follow a specific point you may be trying to make. Has the launch of JW.org been a success? I would say yes of course it has. More traffic is being driven there, and I am sure it includes all sources, although we will need to agree that JW's themselves I am sure drive the majority of traffic. I visit once every couple days for a variety of reasons. I have printed out literature for my wife or visitors for example. Yet I am far from a potential convert.

What disturbs me, and really isn't surprising, is that online the WT whitewashes many controvertial beliefs and wordsmiths them to the point of near deception. One would think, just being introduced, that this is a harmless group of people, who love others, are well kept, and very polite. I would agree with all of it except the harmless part, because as you so aptly demonstrated, it doesn't take much to be called an "apostate". Anyone who visits jwfacts.com for example?

That then puts that person as a direct conduit to Satan, and removes their humanity from them in the eyes of a JW.

In short JW.org rollout....good. Content and overall mission of JW.org......bad.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

You're right emeth, they don't need to use the mass media for the reasons I mentioned. They have an army of workers prepared to give up large amounts of time preaching in the most ineffectual ways.

These people need to be kept busy and using the mass media (which could never be the society's own) does not achieve that key objective of the ministry.

Most other organisations with that much money looking to get their message out would create a massive marketing campaign and put their message right in the face of the people. Imagine what impact a slickly produced ad during Superbowl half-time could achieve. More than years of knocking on doors. Prime time adverts on TV across the world every week for a year. Full page ads in every newspaper for days on end. Advertising on Google.

Don't think they don't have the money. They do. Getting the message out to as many people as possible is not the objective though, despite what they say.

• wasblind
    wasblind

ADVERTISE< ADVERTISE< ADVERTISE

After 130 years , The WTS could only get 7million outta 7 billion

Looks like somebody is in need of a new Market Manager

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit