JW.Org

by Kool Jo 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I've been pondering......with this new "push" to direct individuals to thw JW.org website, even when the dubs are out preaching...what do you think the future will be for the preaching work?

Some time ago I read that the mormons have implemented a Live Chat feature that allows you to speak with their missionaries....I doubt the borg would do this, but I think they have something up their sleeves.

Peace

Kool Jo

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think they will ever ease off on the preaching work, that's how they keep everybody too busy to think.

I'm sure directing people to the website will become an important feature of the work.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

the future:

- publishers perform short (1 or 2 minutes) offers on the doors - giving the householder a tract or a small business card with QR-Code or JW.ORG

- pioneers have the portable display - also with the goal, that interested people come to JW.ORG

- interested people will ask for a "study" through jw.org

- pioneers or other "high performers" in the congregation will handle the "studies"

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I can't help but think that this will backfire to some degree in the long run.

I know of one case, and I have very little association with JW's anymore, where a couple has avoided the internet. Now, with the JW.ORG campaign coming up, while they used to view it as wise and a protection not to have this demonic internet in their home, they just had it installed so they can get up to speed.

I must assume this is a scenario that will repeat itself in JW land ... which will also open the door to information for at least some.

Welcome to the new age!

• St George of England
    St George of England

The web site is becoming more important to the WTS by the week.

Last Thursday we had yet another Service Meeting item "Are you using jw.org in your ministry?"

We also had another reminder about jwgift where we can send donations.

George

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I'm getting a couple emails from the "friends" in the congregation I use to be with a few years ago in SFL, asking me advice on which tablets to buy ect...so that they can use the NWT apps, ASL videos ect, while some of the younger folks will aprreciate going to the Khall with just a tablet, rather than a ton of books, I can see where undue/subtle pressure will move some to purchase tablets even when they're not able to afford it.

Peace

Kool Jo

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Maybe they want more people logging on to *up* the metrics used for google search hits? This would balance out the JWN, JWFACTS and Freeminds hits. No?

-Aude.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"And this good news of jw.org will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come ... soon." - Matthew 24:14 rNWT

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

St George - "Last Thursday we had yet another Service Meeting item 'Are you using jw.org in your ministry?'"

Reminds me of "do you want to know more?" from Starship Troopers.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Let them have their little 2 letter domain name. Go fuck themselves with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit