BOE Letter: New Adjustments

by pixel 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• done4good
    done4good

Man... Suprising they are opting for less mind control.. No more bookstudy, cutting assembly days.. Hopefully the midweek meeting is next but I dont see that happening.

BU2B - WT cares about 2 things, control and money. Always follow the money when the WT appears to be relinquishing control.

d4g

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

Finally terms make sense:

a circuit (or part of it) attends a circuit assembly with the circuit overseer present and alternating visits by the district overseer and a branch representative

a district convention was not always attended by the district overseer and never assembled exactly all the circuits forming a district visited by the same district overseer (with some exceptions in smaller countries perhaps), so speaking of regional conventions makes sense

a zone overseer never visited a zone but got a yearly appointment to visit a number of branches, so it is overdue to abandon the use of the terms "zone" and "zone overseer"

it seems branch visits by headquarter representatives will no longer include a special meeting for a selected few, but will be transmitted to all congregations in the branch territory, so the lacking day of the circuit assembly will be compensated for

and/or the agm may become a regular feature for all to attend...

so not surprising but quite reasonal decisions

LL

• cantleave
    cantleave

Admission is now being charged visitors to London’s thirteenth-century Salisbury Cathedral.

Really Salisbury is in London - when the f*ck did that happen? Last time I looked it was in Salisbury!

• suavojr
    suavojr

If the GB keeps shaving days from conventions and weekly meetings I might even stay a witness! Heck, getting saved is easy now a days.

1. Just set up a table with WT literature and don't need to talk with anyone.
    2. No need to read to much because the mags are only monthly and 16 pags long with big white margins.
    3. If you have a talk simply repeat what you read and everyone is happy.
    4. We do not know the answer to a question, just JWit on jw.org and presto! The answer before your very eyes in 600 languages
  • valkyrie
    valkyrie

Maybe they didn't like us referring to them as SAD.

Is CAD any better?

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

I think LoyalLeon is right, they are probably planning on making AGM or branch visits an annual thing by tie-in, that's why assembly halls seem to be getting projection screens put in. More tie-ins, less original material. It's a streamlining. It would be nice if they were laying the ground work for two day "regional" conventions though!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! One slight "adjustment", if I may...

1. Just set up a table with WT literature and don't need to talk with anyone.
    2. No need to read to much because the mags are only monthly and 16 pags long with big white margins. at all!
    3. If you have a talk simply repeat what you read and everyone is happy.
    4. We do not know the answer to a question, just JWit on jw.org and presto! The answer before your very eyes in 600 languages.

DD

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I have the slight suspicion that there is more to the change from "district" > "regional" than just semantics. By common-sense definition, a "region" is broader than a "district". The implication of this is likely that the summer conventions will be fewer in number, but bigger, with more congregations assigned to one "regional convention". This way, the local branch office will save some $$$ in venue rentals, perhaps reorganizing the branch territory into "regions" rather than "districts" and cutting down a few conventions and a few Disctrict Overseers from their payroll.

Eden

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No disrespect to Pixel, the o/p , but if like me you like to have things verified - you may be pleased to read that when I looked at the staunchly pro J W site JW Talk, they were talking about the same letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit