Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-19-2014 WT Study (7 Shepherds, 8 Dukes)

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

This entire article was written for one reason only....OBEY THE ELDERS...all that Kings & Dukes, is all a smoke screen. This was directed to the flock. They had to come up with a clever article to attach the OBEY THE ELDERS MESSAGE...Wonder how long they pondered this scripture & this thought.

When I went to the meeting yesterday, I told one of the sisters, watch the comments are going to come mostly from the males in the congregation. Men like history & the details of history, females on the other hand, not so much. When the meeting was finished she said, you were right, most of the men commented. I just smiled...cuz I know...TTATT.

I love this site, because being forewarned is being forearmed...So if one day the end don't come fast enough for the org. they just might decide to make the end come sooner & decide to start mixing a drink, I will sit by the door 'fore they lock it...Anyone remember Jim Jones ?

I use to pity the witnesses but now I'm one, & I still feel pity because they don't know TTATT, yet they do, but afraid to voice it...

Legacy

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Gentledawn,

I love that line...it was from Richard Pryor. His wife found him with another woman and that's when he used the greatest line...

Who you gonna belive me or your lying eyes...that's a priceless line...

Legacy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

At Psalms 146:3 the Bible says DON'T trust the 'dukes', ie, 'princes' in the new grey NWT.

New International Version
    Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.

English Standard Version
    Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.

New American Standard Bible
    Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.

King James Bible
    Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

NET Bible
    Do not trust in princes, or in human beings, who cannot deliver!

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Do not trust a prince or upon a son of man, for there is no salvation in his hand.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom there is no salvation.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
    Put not your trust in princes, Nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

• Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Cross-referencing:

As said before, the WTBTS will twist and turn the 7 shepherd and 8 dukes story whichever way they need it to bend.

The identification of these "characters" was changed - 70 years ago the WTBTS had a different interpretation of them.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Great thread!! I'm marking so I can reread. Wasn't at this meeting and I'm beginning to think we didn't go because my wife knew what I would say if I heard the comments.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Yadda:

Concerning Psalm 146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man"; KJV), the Expositor's Bible Commentary-Psalms (Tremper Longman & David E Garland, p. 993) says, "The psalmist uses the device of merismus - "princes" and "man" - to call on the community not to trust in human beings." ["princes" & "son of man" representing the highest ranking of humans and the common man, the 'high and low' of humanity, thus, including everyone in between. - Bobcat]

• Mary
    Mary

My god Billy I was having flashbacks to studying Babylon the Great Has Fallen .........Your comments were well done, well thought out and well presented. I can't believe they're dumb enough to try this crap yet again but nothing these idiots do should surprise us.

Love the story about the grill!

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Thanks Billy.

gorgia

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Great treatment. With GB 2.0 (are we up to version 2.1 now?) they have a tradition to uphold, the tradition of typology. Typology typically means looking for relationships between OT & NT characters. The GB has stretched that to apply it to the 19-21st century existence of JWs.

this article makes Freddy "the oracle" Franz seem readable. There are no conclusions. These are assertions. This is a bible story that history can barely prove true from archaeology. Obviously, not all of it is true. It's a fable that through an accident of history, got picked up by the powers that be and is now given senseless devotion because it is lumped in a book that is thought if as the unerring word of god.

From the JW point of view, all articles and teachings reinforce the power and agenda of the GB. This power is expressed through the elders. There's actually nothing complicated about this at all.

I personally look back on my experiences, and my biggest lesson is this: Be a student of everything, but be no man or groups disciple. Always check out when you are asked to trade in yourself for someone else's agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit