Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-19-2014 WT Study (7 Shepherds, 8 Dukes)

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

looks like today the assyrians have to deal with a bunch of lawyers , forget about invisible help , keep sending them money for legal action is like building walls and blocking rivers , those nit wit elders couldn't lead a horse to water and they are not to be trusted as they are humans , the WTBTS relies heavily on human intervention .

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Billy, thanks so much for doing this! It was very therapeutic after the shit day we had with the "friendly" elder visit we had today.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, what does this story about an account that supposedly happened more than 2700 years ago have anything to do with us now? First, just because joke-hova did something for Hezekiah doesn't mean it will do the same thing, or anything useful, for us now. Remember, the LIE-ble speaks against the Gentile people during this period--and assigns Gentiles to "the seven times". Does this mean that we today should not expect joke-hova's protection? Or that only Jews, and only during the period prior to 70 CE, have any claim to protection? And, even if Cornelius means Gentiles are now acceptable to joke-hova, do we gain protection and salvation as individuals? Remember, joke-hova didn't even protect each and every Jew in the account. Just the group as a whole--does that mean joke-hova will only protect its organization as a whole and leave the individuals to damnation? Or even LEAD individuals to damnation and giving salvation only to the organization itself?

In addition, the whole thing was fiction. Write a story about how you help a people in times of distress, right at the worst possible moment. Then use this story in lieu of actually helping people now. Fiction or not, it reveals that joke-hova is willing to wait until the last possible second. And, this gives people faith that they will be helped, right up until the whole human race is enslaved. They will not question whether joke-hova is going to do anything, using the story as a template. So, we all head to damnation waiting for our assistance, which is not forthcoming. It's high time people quit putting trust in joke-hova, and place that LIE-ble where it belongs. Which is the rubbish.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

This scrirpture is the reason why the GB will continue to have 8 members IMO. As was previously mentioned, this is yet another power grab the elite eight.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Thanks Billy!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Bobcat, Interesting comments. After reading the things you brought out, I only did a little research and it's easy to see that WT has simplified and misrepresented the events recorded in the Bible and secular records. Hezekiah was involved with foreign allies and paid the Assyrians with temple treasures to go away. So much for his "trust in Jehovah." Of course, WT has to doctor the dates to support their erroneous chronology and numerology.

When you take off the Watchtower goggles, just a few extra minutes to look at the context of the verses this WT uses and even just using Wikipedia, it's easy to realize that this WT article just doesn't make sense. The statements they make about any historical events aren't correct. Similarly, the explanations that the prophecies have modern application require stretches of logic that are pure fiction. The supposed "lessons for today" do not follow. The modern elders are said to be the "seven shepherds, yes, eight dukes of mankind. And they will actually shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in its entrances"? Good grief. The elders as some sort of battle heroes that will rule the world? I've served on enough BoEs to realize that the elders can't agree on which brand of toilet tissue to purchase after a 5 hour elder meeting to discuss every option from steel wool to just telling everyone to bring their own.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The GB-eight know that they themselves lately have been getting all the glory and attention so they put out an article designed to make elders feel important again.

The GB also know that they are losing their grip on their company men (the elders) as many elders are wising up and waking up to the GB's shenanigans. So this article is meant to boooooost elder moral and importance among the ranks.......Twon't work!

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I printed your Watchtower comments Billy and used them with my Anti-Study, I almost have another person out of the Organization! Praise Jesus and thank you Billy for some key points and showing that "slight of hands" our little Witchtower prestadigatators are good at using to cover the truth. I know you have suffered in the Cult and feel you wasted time but you have moved on with education, that's what brings me joy! Seeing you move on with life, getting good grades and graduating with a good degree and making life work for you! You made it Billy! I know your respect for religion is limited, still I greatly appreciate your help trying to deprogram various JWs. The Anti-Study student has twenty years in the Borg, the "Dukes" comment you pointed out along with crazy comments made in a pre-Witchtower study made her ripe for a greater move towards the Exit Door.

Am I wicked as I stay in helping remove brainwashed souls? You might have enjoyed a recent talk I had about "Staying close to the Organization" while my anti-studies were giggling, making a sound case and using the facts the Witchtower is calling "Slander" has helped me greatly. I was salvitating at who was going to tear this week's Mad Magazine of religion, to pieces, no industrial shredding machine could have topped you!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Thanks Billy, these previews and analyses of the wt articles before we actually study them are brilliant. You and blonde ROCK!

I think the octopope missed a trick not applying the 8 dukes to themselves though.

7 shepherdly elders, (7 for completeness, clearly figurative) but even better than that, 8 dukely octopopettes (evidently literal, ,since there ARE 8!)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Billy the X... Thanks for the giggle before I go to sleep. "Steel wool or bring your own." lol lol lol

LoisLane saying Good Night from The North Pacific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit