Were People Surprised When You Left The Witnesses?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Probably. I had a busy year just before I left.

I gave the memorial talk, the special talk and the circuit assembly WT review just before I resigned as an elder.

• minimus
    minimus

Cofty, that was my situation the year before.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I don't know which was the bigger surprise....being disfellowshipped....or being gay. I know it provided conversation for many months.

• losingit
    losingit

Whoa cofty n minimus!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i didn't think i would ever leave. how others felt i have no idea they never said. although the elders spoke to me and although i encouraged my wife to continue to attend the hall when i left. no one ever enquired of her how she felt although she was raised in the truth and had lived in the area for 20+ years.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Total astonishment. I was meant to be a pioneer, missionary, circuit servant, you name it.

But then I discovered girls. And it all went tits up.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, I was born in andleft at the age of 57. I would say pretty shocking!

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

The witnesses I know are too self-absorbed to notice that I'm not there.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I was deeply offended to be told "you were always looking for a problem, it was always something".

When in fact I had been lying to myself and ignoring things that had bothered me - and asking god to help me have faith in the face of my doubt. (The same person said "don't study too much, you'll stumble yourself"... Bitch was right actually)

So in answer to the OP: No. But I was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit