Were People Surprised When You Left The Witnesses?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....................OUTLAW Left the Witnesses?!!..

http://eatwatchrun.com/wp-content/uploads/surprised.gif

...............................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I see many JWs who visit my mom and they still generally treat me with respect and kindness. I think they may feel that I could return to the flock.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Excellent question. I have all their phone numbers, perhaps you can call and ask. My point is I don't know and with few exceptions don't really care. And, I doubt that they care.

We assume that our life experience is so significant but the reality is if you actually called the people I knew most would not remember who I was. Nor do I remember who they were.

• jam
    jam

An old friend called two weeks ago it's been over 20 years since

we spoke. His first words were, I heard they kicked you out of

the JW. Then he said I could not understand how you got mixed up

with that group in the first place. I told him stupidity.

I told him I heard that you became a Mormon ( he is a professor at

the University of Utah). He said no way would I join a religion that

tells me what underwear to wear. Most people wondered why I

lasted so long in the borg.LOL

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

"Worldly people" I think were more surprised I quit. They became friends and still are today. Some of them were "bible studies" who would visit the

hall occasionally. The JWs (especially the local elders) on the other hand here were relieved. Bible inconsistancies, stupid rules, made it were very difficult

to keep me from speaking out publicly at any meeting. But when my wife and kid finally quit the nonsense: SHOCK! boohoo, fart, boohoo. What other

'FRIENDS' in other congos think or spit gossip about. It don't matter and I don't want to hear it. Its nothing but pain my man. The future looms so damn the

past..

insot4

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Some people select religions for themselves that make no sense. A Korean American teenager cried b/c her fundie Christian group made her destroy all her heavy rock albums. She was so depressed. Rock music is important to me but it must have been far more important to her. She had to destroy it in front of them. Well, her parents did not choose the religion. She did. Many churches would have no problems with someone listening to heavy rock. Somehow it seemed that she was being punitive with herself.

When I think of natural self and the Witnesses, it is funny. There is no way, even with Jesus' intervention, that I would ever work in the Witnesses. My point was that they pretend they are so loving but I found out that we were only a data entry to them. No one wept when we left. I was dramatic with my mother in refusing to go to meetings. I have no clue why the rest of the family joined me in a resistance cell. One night they were Witnesses. The next night,, they were not.

Oh, the glories our first Christmas, and other holidays. I even said the Pledge of Allegiance and lived! It was so drastic and then poof.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No. I was regarded as a dirty, filthy, ex biker, and it was only a matter of time before I returned to my old life of debauchery. They were probably surprised that I lasted 20 years as a JW.

W

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Outlaw, I enjoy your posts, esp. the gifs. OMG, I has helped me to find to humor in my predicament (JW spouse). How do you find these gems?

• man in black
    man in black

Oh yea.

My wife and I left at the same time.

We were in for over twenty years, and were good examples, steady people.

one elder said " do you know why you two are well respected in the hall "?

its because you dont cause any problems, and we ( the elders) like that.

one month later we both just walked away, and have been gone for over six years !

• SnailsPace2
    SnailsPace2

"I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." ---- Coco Chanel

That quote came to mind when I was contemplating this question. I don't think anyone is giving my fade/leaving the religion much thought other than parents and in laws. I was never close to anyone anyways. This also made me think about the times in my old hall when it took me six months to a year to realize certian people were missing. Obviously, we are all too wrapped up in our own lives to really care, myself included. And in this paticular area I am absolutely ok with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit