The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

One thing is for certain, doing the bare minimum of at least warning those people would have resulted in zero physical side effects on the earth; yet, your all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving god who can fortell events, didn't even have the basic neighborly decency to do that. Why?

• cofty
    cofty

Your god is very feeble if he can't absorb the energy of a pending tsunami without doing any harm.

Please keep talking Tammy. Your obfuscation contrasts well with the logic of rational posters in this thread.

Summary so far...

• adamah
    adamah

Cofty said- I think I might take him up on his offer and make him my "special project".

Good luck with that: as the old saying goes, "the hardest truth to get a man to see is that which threatens his and his families livelihood and welfare".

Those who most benefit from religiosity are those most-motivated NOT to acknowledge it, so it truly takes a person of exceptional moral courage to act in a manner which seemingly would require them to jettison their entire life's work. Few people can summon the courage of their convictions.

As we've repeatedly said, Xianity doesn't seek to nurture individual moral consciousness and ethical sensibilities, but merely to create more obedient followers of orders. The truly-clever believers manage to work themselves into positions of authority to be able to call the interpretative shots (i.e. they are entitled to do the cherry-picking from the Bible). HOWEVER, they must NOT violate the unwritten rule, the only unforgiveable sin: saying it's all a scam, buoyed up by millenia of people's tendency for 'magical thinking'. Of course, if they DO, the response of their colleagues is to "deny, deny, deny", and the faithful will follow suit by believing what they want to be true.

Adam

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"No, Billy. The physical consequences of 'quelling the wave at its source'... like cause and effect?"

That would be #16 or maybe #20 or #8, that cofty already responded to.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

cofty, maybe you need a point specifically about the naked lady and the talking snake. If there was ever a reason for billions of innocent people to die, that's the one I followed when I was a JW.

• cofty
    cofty

Billy - That was our universal answer to all anomalies - The fall!

No need to think it through, just blame the fall.

Isn't it amazing how many ex-JWs are still stuck at that shallow end of thinking?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The Fall = The eternal grudge of god.

"Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" - John 1:29

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

2,000+ years and counting since the redemption fairy tale, it's obvious that it hasn't worked as stated.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Specifically talking about the naked lady, the talking snake, and the beautiful, tasty, juicy forbidden fruit sounds a lot more interesting than "the fall."

It's like this...

vs. this...

• cofty
    cofty

Priceless!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Your god is very feeble if he can't absorb the energy of a pending tsunami without doing any harm.- cofty

God is not feeble cofty, there are plenty of things that show there must be a powerful creator. Like how a plant can sprout through the tarmac, that is nature, power, science and religion to me. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit