The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• DS211
    DS211

marked

• cofty
    cofty

sunny - I am going to be generous and assume that was satire.

Kate/Sam - Dawkins is brilliant on biology but he has taught me very little if anything about faith and atheism.

I found it interesting that the pastor had been to theology school and had been in the full-time ministry for over 10 years and yet he had not the slightest idea how to answer the most obvious question, without resorting to cliches that he had never thought through.

Faith can only be sustained by believers constantly, and uncritically, reinforcing their assumptions. That is why I found a way to quietly fade from church activity so I could reflect objectively.

I challenge all believers to try it. Take 6 months away from all "spiritual" activity and expose yourself to the very best challenges to faith. If it is true it will only benefit.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I challenge all believers to try it. Take 6 months away from all "spiritual" activity and expose yourself to the very best challenges to faith. If it is true it will only benefit.-cofty

Challenge on 4 weeks and counting, but science and religion go together I can't stop reading Chemistry Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Dawkins taught me a lot about his atheistic beliefs and how he feels about me because I believe in God. He doesn't hold educated believers in high esteem. Kate xx

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Cofty, "appearently" Satan used you to try to undermine the faith of that paster!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting story Cofty, you are a wise old man aren't you, I'm sure that Pastor went home that night

with his head spinning in all directions.

Religion supports a pretentious reality, invariably stumbling mankind toward accepting a true reality.

• cofty
    cofty

Hey not so much of the "old man"... :)

• KateWild
    KateWild

God is indifferent to human suffering, but it proves nothing about the double slit experiment and Shrodingers cat. God exists, he is just heartless. Kate xx

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hey not so much of the "old man"... :)

Oops... what was I thinking your the same age as myself.

I'll change the comment

" You are a wise middle aged man aren't you "

• cofty
    cofty

I'm 51 this year. Apparently I was never going to go to high school becasue the big A was "just around the corner".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit