The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Same here Cofty, same here .

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sad to say Bill, 51 is not middle aged. 40 is middle aged. But you're young at heart. Sam xx

• losingit
    losingit

Middle age is 40-60, depending on how you've taken care of yourself. 30s is still young.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

God is indifferent to human suffering, but it proves nothing about the double slit experiment and Shrodingers cat. God exists, he is just heartless. Kate xx

Fine. Let humanity get on with their lives and completely ignore this worthless piece of sxxx. What a fxxxed up mind that disgusting, vile monster must have as he ignores the suffering that goes on. That bastard should never be mentioned or thought of.

Like has been said, if god exists, existing is all he does.

[Edited for language guideline 3 - jgnat]

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey 2+2, thanks for your response, lots of parents are heartless too, but there is also wonder in science and nature. Evolution is what is doing now, new exciting things are evovlving and we are learning about things we could have never have learnt in the past.

I am angry at God too, but also fancinated by the universe and it makes me feel religious. Kate xx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm 51 this year. Apparently I was never going to go to high school because

The big A was "just around the corner"......Cofty

......................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

My response - The tsunami was caused by an earthquake under the Indian Ocean. There was absolutely nothing any human could do to cause it or prevent it.

Just think of all of the thousands of years of ignorance, and idiodic superstitious conclusions that have been used by religion to explain stuff like this away (and enslave people in the process). We really are fortunate to be living in an age of science and reason, where superstitious nonsense can finally be defeated. Maybe this conversation may really get him to think and change course. Thanks for sharing this.

• Syme
    Syme

Cofty, it is obvious that your pastor's tries would fall in vacuum, but your title reminded me of something important:

It is very sad indeed when a person who has just escaped from the WTS control later turns to other, equally false and illogical (if more) beleifs and cults. I just can't believe it when someone grows critical thinking (or does he?) and leaves the WTS, only to fall for a weird Evangelical church.

It reminds me of the emperor Julian, who was clever and sophisticated enough to see through the improbable christian dogma and free himself from his christian upbuilding, but then turned to the mystical worship of Mithras!

Religion always has a way of sneaking through the back door.

• LV101
    LV101

Cofty you are brilliant whether your belief/reality is easy to accept or not. I wondering if reality is easier for men.

The universe and evolution is magnificent enough to observe and study/appreciate but the mental strength required to give up all that hope promised by religion is not an easy day. You are one strong guy!

• LV101
    LV101

OUTLAW - I was LAUGHING so hard I could barely finish reading the posts just having a slight glimpse. There's no way an individual that size could sit in that chair.

Please continue to make our days. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit