The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Adam's point was a deliberate distraction. Fracking is a big issue in the UK right now, its constantly on the news and nobody is unaware that it can cause tremors.

The thread is about the Asian tsunami which happened 19 miles below the Indian Ocean.

I ignored Adam's comment because his only motive is to draw attention to Adam. He was the same arrogant know-all when he posted as King Solomon. Its often best to ignore his waffle.

Are you seriously claiming humans caused the Asian tsunami and every other deadly earthquake in human history? If not then it is a facile point.

I have never knowingly misrepresented your points. When you spend 50 pages basically saying nothing apart form "its a mystery" its difficult not to start to speculate what you are actually trying to say.

I'm still wonderng what you meant by "In your atheistic world death is the default anyway, so why kick up such a righteous fuss against God if he exists?"

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

You do have a tendency to drop the tough questions and pick the low-hanging fruit. jgnat

I don't see why it is a problem to pick the low hanging fruit. Cofty is the one making the OP assertion. I merely tackled its logical flaws. The burden of proof is on him in this case. If the assertions were watertight there would be no fruit hanging - low or high.

• cofty
    cofty

I merely tackled its logical flaws.

I must have missed that.

You have still got all your work ahead of you to show that drowning a quarter of a million people and devastating the lives of 5 million more is an act of perfect love when some mysterious piece of missing information is added to the equation.

• Simon
    Simon

Simon - if I said to this you know very well how you would respond. And it wouldn't be via a reply.

Again, rather than actually address any of the points raised you instead latch on to anything possible to avoid giving an answer.

You're silence is deafening. Your defense of your super-loving-super-being is lame beyond belief.

"He didn't do it, it's for reasons we don't know, he's the best example of love ... erm, 250k people?" [sound of crickets]

lame, lame, lame

But oh so typical of the 'righteous'.

We note your inability to answer and defend your faith, laughable as it is.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Adam's point was a deliberate distraction ... The thread is about the Asian tsunami. Cofty

You keep redefining the goalposts just as Adam said. I made a passing comment about the possibility of the human effect. You were the one that made an absolute AND GENERAL assertion to the contrary. Adam took no time in demonstrating that your assertion was groundless, and then you accuse him of creating a distraction.

Now you want to again narrow your point to a single specific natural disaster when it suits you to do so.

This thread is about the Asian tsunami? And that's it? Of course it isn't. You have happily entertained diversions of this thread to many other topics when the commenters shared your world view.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

I must have missed that. Cofty

Indeed. We are in agreement.

• cofty
    cofty

Nobody can accuse me of moving the goalposts. I doubt there has ever been a thread of more than a 10 pages that has been kept so closely on topic.

If you want to argue that there has never been an earthquake resulting in deaths that was not caused by human activity then you have a defense we can discuss.

If you don't want to make this point, then Adam is nothing but a distraction as he intended.

Still, any port in a storm Flamegrilled.

• cofty
    cofty

I am concerned that lurkers may be begining to wonder if Flamegrilled is an atheist plant, trying to prove that theists have no answer to natural evil.

Nobody could have done a better job.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

I am concerned that lurkers may be begining to wonder if Flamegrilled is an atheist plant, trying to prove that theists have no answer to natural evil.

Nobody could have done a better job. Cofty

You probably don't need to be overly concerned. I know I'm not. Intelligent lurkers will decide for themselves despite your desparate need to masquerade some sort of contrived victory.

• cofty
    cofty

Flamegrilled is there anything inaccurate about this summary of your position?

Atheist - The enormity of natural evil argues powerfully against christian theism.

Flamegrilled - Natural evil does not make my loving god logically impossible.

Atheist - In what way?

Flamegrilled - There may be facts you are not aware of.

Atheist - What facts could reconcile a tsunami with a loving, knowing, omnipotent god?

Flamegrilled - That is a mystery, I am just saying it's not logically impossible.

Atheist - It is very compelling evidence against theism. What evidence to the contrary could possibly be so strong?

Flamegrilled - I refuse to talk about it and I don't like your tone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit