The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Flamegrilled - No you dont get to hijack the thread with a different question that you wish I had asked.

I am NOT asserting that all suffering is a problem for theists. That would be facile. I have said dozens of times that this thread is about "natural evil" - bad stuff that is not caused by humans. Of course one death from a tsunami is a problem for theism. The events of 26 Dec 2004 give you 250 000 problems.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Cofty - I don't particularly wish you had asked any specific question. My response is not a hijack of the thread based upon the directions the conversation has taken.

You've ignorred the point that 250,000 people doesn't equal 250,000 problems. It is simply one problem. If you cannot grasp that then you are already dealing with the issue illogically.

My point applies whether it is "all suffering" or a subset of suffering caused by what you term as "natural evil". Unless you can demonstrate that you have all the information then you are likely to reach a flawed conclusion.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

No, tec. Your explanation doesn't "help" at all. You didn't answer the question. You just repeated your original claim that God is waiting to act until all are called. Once again, you tore apart a post phrase by phrase and because of that, you again missed the point.

• tec
    tec

You asked, "when does it end". I shared what I have learned.

If you have a point or question other than that... just state it, and only it.

Peace,

tammy

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Is this the same Strypes from tec's voice hearers forum? I'm thinking it is.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

As near as I can figure out from wading through the vast amount of verbiage: at some point, God will KNOW that out of all the millions of babies born each year, NONE of them will belong to him. And then he will intervene?

"Yes" or "No" or "I don't know" would suffice.

• tec
    tec

Last post, bottom of page 53... that is what you consider vast amounts of verbiage?

at some point, God will KNOW that out of all the millions of babies born each year, NONE of them will belong to him. And then he will intervene?

God ALREADY knows those who belong to Him. When the last of these that He knows is born (and comes to His Son), then the end will come. Until that time, the door is open, the invitation is open, the call to Come! is ongoing. So that in the meantime anyone may come, and become one of the great crowd taken from all tribes, nations, cultures, tongues... that is NOT numbered.

Revelation 6:9-11

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and the testimony they had mainatain. They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Soveriegn Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed."

Then Christ comes and gathers his own. Then He establishes His Kingdom and these ones rule as kings and priests with him; and He also invites inside the Kingdom the subjects of the Kingdom (the sheep, from the sheep and the goats parable).

That is your intervention for those who belong to Christ. There is no death inside the kingdom. Those outside the Kingdom (the goats) continue on as they always have except that they are denied entrance into this Kingdom. (hence weeping and gnashing of teeth - jealousy, bitterness, etc) After the thousand years, Satan misleads them and they (gog and magog) come against the Kingdom and the people in the Kingdom, to destroy the people and take the kingdom for themselves. No one went searching to destroy them. They come searching to destroy those inside the Kingdom. Instead - fire from heaven devours them. (armageddon)

Peace to you,

tammy

• zound
    zound

If you didn't have direct contact with JC - would you believe in god / christianity with just the bible and reality tec?

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

So that's a "yes"?

• tec
    tec

I can't say yes to what you said, Hummingbird, because not everything you wrote is accurate (unless i am misunderstanding you, and that is possible)

So I rephrased what you said into this:

God ALREADY knows those who belong to Him. When the last of these that He knows is born (and comes to His Son), then the end will come. Until that time, the door is open, the invitation is open, the call to Come! is ongoing. So that in the meantime anyone may come, and become one of the great crowd taken from all tribes, nations, cultures, tongues... that is NOT numbered.

Yes, to that.

If you didn't have direct contact with JC - would you believe in god / christianity with just the bible and reality tec?

I always believed in God and Christ. (not 'christianity') I do mean always, from my earliest memory. This might not have been well defined until I came to learn about Christ, and so love and follow Him. I never even read the bible before 7 or so years ago, when I started studying with the witnesses. Except a verse or two here and there, from Sunday school or quoted on tv or in other books, etc.

I also did not always have direct contact with Him...that I recognized at least, even though I understand now that He spoke to me all along.

So I'm not sure how to accurately answer your question?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit